pill/tablet splitters what one do you have?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My Dermatologist told me wait till december and if your hair isnt looking better by then(because you have recently undergone a rather large shed) we shall talk about medications for your hair loss. At the moment im considering findesterine(in the form of proscar because it's exactly the same ingredients) and 2% nizoral 2-3 times a week, Because i will be using proscar i would like to get a pill splitter. So this is a question for the proscar users. Which pill splitter do you use and where did you get it? If anyone knows where i can get a 5 way pilll splitter that would be good.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I use one which cost £2.99 and picked it up at my local chemist.

It's about the size of a small stapler and is hinged at one end. When you open it there is a little V shaped grove which the pill sits in, the shape ensures it's exactly in the centre. You then close the device and the blade which is fitted in the upper portion of the device cleanly splits the pill in two.

I imagine splitting into fifths will be tricky, though quarters would be easy enough.

Darren

GeminiX

Reaction score
I used to use a sharp knife originally, but got tired of trying to beat my cat to the pill halfs that shot across the table as they were cut. I lost a few times, and my cat is now like a giant furball...

If you are going to use a knife to cut them, it's much easier if you do it inside a clear plastic bag, this will prevent the pills going too far as they have a habit of launching themselves around your room and ricocheting from wall to wall otherwise.

Darren