pimp master

Reaction score
hi, im new to the forums and i didnt know where to post this so here it goes:

im 17 years old and i think im going bald :S, its not really noticibe so far, but some days ago, i noticed that my friends had about twice as much hair as i did, when we where walking, and the wind was blowing (extremely strong) i could feel a breeze through my heads skin (i think theky call it scalp, dunno ) and i saw my friends head where covered with hair. i was scared cause all my life people told me i had a lot of hair. From my dads family, almost everyone is bald, even the womans have less than normal hair, how ever from my moms side, her dad is 65 and has all his hair. my hair is curly and spongy like my dads :S, so do you guys think im going bald? or does having little hair have nothing to do with it (my hair is much more spongy on the bak of my head and on the sides if that helps)

one more thing, my hair is really long, and i have an afro, to pull it off i have to pull my hair up and untie all the nods, also i use a shampoo what i think is designed for woman. maybe thats the cause of my lack of hair?

thx in advance

G

Re: how to know if you are going bald

josearmandohopkins said:
hi, im new to the forums and i didnt know where to post this so here it goes:

im 17 years old and i think im going bald :S, its not really noticibe so far, but some days ago, i noticed that my friends had about twice as much hair as i did, when we where walking, and the wind was blowing (extremely strong) i could feel a breeze through my heads skin (i think theky call it scalp, dunno ) and i saw my friends head where covered with hair. i was scared cause all my life people told me i had a lot of hair. From my dads family, almost everyone is bald, even the womans have less than normal hair, how ever from my moms side, her dad is 65 and has all his hair. my hair is curly and spongy like my dads :S, so do you guys think im going bald? or does having little hair have nothing to do with it (my hair is much more spongy on the bak of my head and on the sides if that helps)

one more thing, my hair is really long, and i have an afro, to pull it off i have to pull my hair up and untie all the nods, also i use a shampoo what i think is designed for woman. maybe thats the cause of my lack of hair?

thx in advance

That doesn´t sound good. I am scarred you are already thinning. Jesus.... Can you post pictures, that´s the easiest way to see whether you are actually losing it?

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
The pics are a little on the small side so it is hard to tell for certain, but you don't look to be thinning to me. Your hairline is perfect and can't see much other than thick hair on the overhead too.

Reaction score
i dunno, my hair aint as spungy on the crown as it is on the sides and the bak of my head.
also, is shampooing your hair every day bad?, cause i do and i also use straightners(they are branded and smell like "tropical fruit"

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dude your hair is fine, I think your worrying for nothing. I don't see male pattern baldness at all.