pimples with finasteride?

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
ever since i started Fincar i notice i get pimples on my crown and my temple areas. I wash my hair twice a day so its not like its dirty. And no i never got them there before. anyone else?

G

Never had anything like that and I have been on finasteride nearly 8 months now.. Actually it's probably 8 months right now....

G

yeah i get the occasional pimple, also I didn't have them pre-hairloss medications.

So it's either :finasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral or T/Gel

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
When I started finasteride (2 months ago), I had a lot of pimples pop up on my face. I started using some random facial cleanser and they went away. Don't think I've had any of my head though.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
How odd you posted this, while I was laying down last night, I felt a pain in my scalp, it was a fairly large pimple!

:freaked2:

I never got them before either, so it's nizoral or finasteride.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've thought about these damn red zits and i've come to the conclusion they're just follicals that have been damaged and are becoming infected.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
or they could be ingrown hairs. which would mean a new hair is trying to sprout!

Tony

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that it is the finasteride because it happened to me when i started. Nothing major just the occasional zit and that was before I was using nizoral, it has gone away but I know for some it is wise to expect to breakout from time to time while on finasteride.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Pimples in the first few weeks of using Propecia are normal. The pimples result from an increased testosterone level. This increase also causes people to have an increased sex drive for the first few weeks. But soon enough the body adjusts, the skin becomes dry and so does the sex drive.

D.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd love less oily skin! :D

But, as im on the horny side of finasteride about now, I worry that my body won't even out after the upcoming drop, and my drive will be sub-par.

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
I get a few pimples specifically on my scalp.

I've been blaming Nizoral, as I use it twice a week and the pimples seem to come and go during the week.

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
ok so its not just me. i just foudn it weird that this started happening only when i started finasteride. no pimples on scalpe out of the 1 year 8 months on nizoral adn minoxidil. oh well. scaple is still tender. feels kind of good though when i press against it:) PAIN YUM! in the most nomral way i can scream it:)

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
so this could also be like a bases to see if my fincar is real or not. probally not but i like to think i got some real stuff:)