pinkfloyd7's story

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been about 8 months since I started losing my hair or since I began noticing right after my eighteenth birthday. I can't believe how much its been bothering me lately though. The last thing I need is to lose my hair. I would not look good with a shaved head. At first I really didn't do anything except Rogaine on the crown which i believe I got results with
Sorry but I don't have any pics yet but I'll post them soon. Three months ago I began taking Propecia and 2 months after that i started applying rogaine to my temples with Dr. Lee's spironolactone because its really my hairline that bothers me and that I really really care about. I experienced a small shed the second month in with propecia and then it stopped. The wierd thing is when I began the rogaine and spironolactone i started noticing my hairline getting thinner and receding at a faster rate. I really don't think its my mind playing tricks on me but I think I'm going to stick with the propecia for a year and with the rogaine and spironolactone.
But I need to know if this is just a shed or if I have Agressive male pattern baldness. I've probably receded a good couple centimeters all over the front since I began the two topical treatments.
I keep noticing thin hairs only in the front and the hairs in the back cover up my hairline. I comb my hair forward. No new hairs are coming out and the hairline keeps getting thinner. I'll guess I'm going to have to wait it out. I'll post pics soon.

YoungPunk

Reaction score
stick with it, trust me. you might have some scary sheds but when it grows back it will be better each time. take pictures every weekend and compare them from month to month. thats the best way to track your results. the crown is easier to get back than the hairline but after about 6 months of really taking it seriously both are inching their way back :)

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
first thanks for the reply youngpunk good guy

but week after week i see less hair and less on my hairline. Now theres just a few sticking out that are black and the rest are very fine and barely a centimeter. My question is Is it normal to shed this hard on a hairline? I thought it wasn't supposed to be noticeable. My hairline is basically a very thin line of thin hairs and all thick behind it. its getting kinda hard to style and its starting to piss me off

bopper

Reaction score
pinkfloyd7 said:
first thanks for the reply youngpunk good guy

but week after week i see less hair and less on my hairline. Now theres just a few sticking out that are black and the rest are very fine and barely a centimeter. My question is Is it normal to shed this hard on a hairline? I thought it wasn't supposed to be noticeable. My hairline is basically a very thin line of thin hairs and all thick behind it. its getting kinda hard to style and its starting to piss me off

At 18, it's not likely your problem is just agressive male pattern baldness. You should get some pictures up, though. Because you are 18, I would guess it's just a shed. Is there anything else going on in your life that could influence this? Stick with your current program for six months and then evaluate. And remember you probably see yourself five times worse than anyone else does.