Piroctone Olamine prevents sebum oxidation:

CCS

Reaction score
http://www.lion.co.jp/en/press/html/2007012f.htm

Immune attack is done with super oxide. Anti-oxidants protect the hair from the super oxide after the attack starts. Anti-inflammatories help prevent the attack from starting. But follicle attack is not the only way super oxide does damage. Sebum oxidation damages the root too, according to that link.

Piroctone Olamine is an anti-oxidant that protects the follicle from super oxide, at the root, and in the sebum.

So far we need
5ar inhibitors -- GLA, dutasteride, finasteride
androgen receptor blockers --- spironolactone, RU, fluridil, egcg
growth stimulants -- minoxidil, lavender, nizoral, apple poly
anti-inflammatories -- nizoral, tricomin
anti-oxidants --- green tea, piroctone olamine, and many others
estrogen mimickers -- beta sitosterol
repair agents -- tricomin

That is seven different angles to attack hair loss from.

CCS

Reaction score
The question is how to get all 7 angles into a simple, maintainable, cheap regimen.

For me, internal finasteride, topical betasitosterol, topical minoxidil, nizoral, piroctone olamine, maybe egcg or resveratrol, tricomin later. I'd like to get spironolactone in there somehow. Or maybe I'll just use egcg as my androgen receptor blocker. At least it is pure and cheap, so I can do my whole head. Probably not as strong as spironolactone though.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What about apple poly ccs, do you still use that?

Have you ever bought it from the people that sell the apple poly topical? The study and pictures from it look impressive but you NEVER see anyone using it. I wonder why?

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score
how can we acquire this piroctone olamine? any shampoos with it? any topicals? do we have to make our own?

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo that contains it

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Body Shop Ginger Shampoo. $ 12 or something. Cheap and from what the studies say, effective.

riptiduh

Reaction score
Again CCS, in 3 years you have come to the rescue so to speak. Thank you

I have been in serious disarray as to why I am having such a nasty shed right now and have been for the last 2 months.... I haven't been able to figure it out for the life of me. My regimen is set, barely missing anything in my normal routine for god knows how long except one thing. One little tiny thing that now I feel has been the culprit.

3 months ago I decided to try a new shampoo and stopped using the Ginger Shampoo....

This has got to be it because I am honestly at my wits end as to why the gigantic shed. The biggest one I've had since battling hairloss 3 years ago... Well that and I add a pinch of GTE, curcumin, lavender and nettle to it but hey..