Piroctone Olamine Shampoo

mattg817

Reaction score
I have several questions about piroctone olamine. First, I live in the U.S. and can't seem to find a shampoo with it besides one from the Body Shop that does not list the amount. Does anyone know of any?

Also, is piroctone olamine anti-inflammatory like ketoconazole? I have an inflammatory scalp condition (seb derm) that I believe is at least partially responsible for my hair thinning, but Nizoral does not treat my scalp well.

Finally, does anyone know of any other products that might help someone with seb derm experiencing diffuse hair thinning?

Thanks so much for the help.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't know anything about piroctone olamine but I'm on the same boat as you. My scalp has been terrible, It would get so dry sometimes that it would crack, I would get sores and scabs, I really think its contributed to my hairloss as well..I'm also diffuse. The Nizoral helped a little bit with the dandruff and inflammation, but I recently started foam and its been a little more irritated than usual. I ordered some emu oil a few weeks ago, and thats been really good for my scalp, also seems to be improving the condition of my hair. It has usually been really dry and brittle but with the emu oil its been really smooth and almost seems to be thicker. If you want to check it out here is where I ordered mine, best price I could find on the net. Really fast delivery as well...I received mine in the mail just 2 days after ordering.

http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/details2. ... _term=7238

And let me know if you find any thing that works for you..the emu works alright but I would definitely be open do anything else that would prevent inflammation, sores, bumps, and irritation.

mattg817

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the Emu Oil. How exactly do you use it? Do you apply it for a certain amount of time and then shampoo or just leave it on? I am pretty new to this stuff and haven't really tried any topical stuff yet. I've heard of Emu Oil shampoo and I might try to order some of that. I'll definitely let you know when I find something that helps.