Placing Grafts Between Exisiting Hairs

kriss

Reaction score
I am 43 yo, Norwood 2 with thinning front. Still decent amount of hair in the front, but thin enough for "see thru". I have seen several DRs, couple say to just place 600 grafts at the front of the hairline so the hair at the very front will be thicker and help block the see thru. The others say I should have about 2000 grafts placed all over the top area, going back from the front hairline about 3 to 4 inches towards the crown.

But I still have alot of hair in this area and I am concern about damange to the these exisiting hair. The exisiting hairs are very close together. Although the DRs tell me with magnification they can place the grafts between the hairs no problem, I am still worry it would do damage to my exisiting hair. I am okay with shockloss, as long as it is temporary. But it's hard to imagine how they can make 2000 incissions between exisiting hairs and place the grafts without causing harm.

Anyone had a similar situation? Thoughts?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Yeah man, ive been thinking the same thing but no one seems to have any answers. Ive been looking into a FUE procedure for my temples, but they will have to place some grafts in the thinning area where other hairs already exist. Im worried about those hairs and the shockloss that could occur as a result.

You can see the guy in this pic got his temples done. You can see they didnt place any grafts in between the hair at all. In fact from what i can see they leave a small gap between the grafts and the hairline so shockless does not occur. The final result is pretty awesome tho

4.jpg

5.jpg

kriss

Reaction score
I've consulted with 4 DRs and they all advise that if I wanted only the temples that I should also let them go into the adjacent hairline to stregthen it up to. And most send that to get good density in the "virgin" area that either a 2nd pass or dense packing would be required.

Maybe this guy wasn't comfortable with putting grafts in the exisiting hairline and requested that the DR didn't do it. Usually the hairs at the hairline are the thinnest of all, therefore I can see the DRs being able to work easier there. Less hairs, thinner hairs, hairs are further apart there.

For me personally, it when you get back an 1/2 to 1 inch from the hairline where I have more hair, closer to together. I still have obiviousl "see thru" there, so I want to add hair. but concern with damaging exisiting hair.

I'm not worried so much about the hair at the hairline, it's so thin there anyway - anything would be an improvement.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Hmm I say just go for it for man.You only live once! My hair is on a knifes edge right now. I can tolerate my current recession but only just. Its maintaining nicely atm but i need to give it another 12 months then I want to book in with Armani (he does the best hair transplant for hairlines)

What Dr's did u consult?

I dont know that much about this dude, but from my understanding its not worth going to some weekend hack for a hair transplant ive read alot of horror stories regarding this so in my opinion, its worth travelling and paying extra to get the best to do it. This is not something you want to screw up.