Plasticman82's story - (my hair loss)

Plasticman82

Reaction score
hi, I had really really thick hair, no space between the hair at all, just solid, then aged 21 i looked in the mirror one morning and noticed a slight gap had appeared on the hair on my right temple. Really scared the crap out of me because I was already very insecure and never thought i'd have hair loss because my hair was so thick and so was my dad's who never had hair loss so I thought I was safe. Anyway I styled my hair so it covered even tho it was so minor i doubt anyone would have noticed. I didn't think there was any treatment until I saw an article in a paper about a year or 2 later so I went to the docs and she gave me some regaine, needless to say that was horrible to use so I asked to have propecia. I was on it for several months but then the Doctor said he would not prescribe any more because he was concerned about the side effects. I now think he stopped it because it was not covered on nhs and must have discovered this. Anyway This was about 6 years ago, I still had no real noticeable loss, just was thinning on that temple. Early 2007 I was dumped by my girlfriend and felt crap so I went to see Dr Richard Rogers about filling that area up a bit. He seemed nice enough but thought it was not bad enough for a hair transplant so he said keep and eye on it for a year. Well 4 years later I though not much was happening, It was def getting thinning on that temple but then one day I used a different mirror in the house and was horrified to see my left temple had gotten thinner too and im sure this had only happened within the last year. I then checked over all my hair and it seems it's def all gotten a bit thinner too and now im checking the hairs in the shower and I would say there are a hundred or more if I wash every day, I don't brush tho. Any 2 and a half months ago I went back on the pro and using regaine on the temples. Still losing lots of and also have bit of an itchy scalp and have have some acne like spots on the scalp which seem to itch so thinking about seeing a Doctor for that. Im also using nizoral but don't seem to do much. Also trying t-gel. Anyway I really hope to see less hair loss soon. I see some people on here say they see a change in the first month. Lucky them eh!

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: my hair loss

Just stick with it. It will get better. I noticed less hair in the shower after about 2 1/2 months...

Patience and persistence...good luck :punk:

Reaction score
Hang in there, man! You're doing everything you can, so no need to stress! Maybe focus on something else like working out or improving a different aspect of your life. Just give the treatments some time to take hold and you could be pleasantly surprised.

Plasticman82

Reaction score
thanks guys. Thing is if i wash my hair evry 2 days then I find about 300 hairs in the shower. But I don't brush so im guessing a lot stay in my hair, and I use to have really thick hair so maybe always have lost lots, just not counted. Also 3 weeks of propecia I used were kept in our top room and was like plus 30 degrees their in the summer so I wonder about the quality of that medication. Just wish I knew it was working, can't see any new hair on the temples like some people spot. I wonder of I should just jump on to avodart rather than keep risking further loss:/