Playing it safe?

footbal123

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been posting here a couple times asking what people think of my hair. I went to a couple of derms and some said I had nothing wrong but the most recent one really opened a topic of conversation about it. He told me how he does see thinning and it could be something that could take years to really be seen and noticeable. He also asked me about my family history and its not really convincing. MY dad is bald, my mom has very thin hair and my 18YO brother has thinning hair too. I still have relatively thick hair and no one could say i'm losing it.

His advise to me was to take finasteride because he said we caught it really early and since I'm most likely prone to it, finasteride can be a good preventative measure. He prescribed me 1Mg.

What I'm asking you all is, if I do take it, should I take that dose? I'm fairly confident I will go through with it because I really appreciate my hair. Should I start at a lower dose? If any of you were in my situation, would you wait it out for something better? ( I see some interesting developments in the Research board) I just would really like to keep my hair. MY frontal hairline has become wispy but he said it could just be my hairline maturing. Although, he claims to see slight miniaturization at the crown.

Thank you all for your time!