Please anybody help me, I don´t know what to do...

Should I quit finasteride?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loolapalooza

Reaction score
Month 3 on Finasteride 1 mg/ day, I NEVER, BUT NEVER saw scalp in my life, or thought I would see .. I used to have a set of amazonia in my central and back scalp!!!
I could certainly claim that I lost 50% of my mid/back hair because of it...
Apart from temples (the receding ones, the reason why I got on finasteride) I had a bushy dense set of hair, and I am getting this ....

Dry ...

[attachment=4:2tfbes0e]HairLossTalk.com.jpg[/attachment:2tfbes0e]
[attachment=3:2tfbes0e]hlt2.jpg[/attachment:2tfbes0e]

Throwing some water drops .. AAAAARGHHH WHAT IS THIS!!! :shock:

[attachment=2:2tfbes0e]hjss.jpg[/attachment:2tfbes0e]

Temples: Seemed to progress a little bit too ...

[attachment=1:2tfbes0e]lft.jpg[/attachment:2tfbes0e]
[attachment=0:2tfbes0e]rttpl.jpg[/attachment:2tfbes0e]

Please help me guys, what should I do?????? Stop or continue finasteride?? Am I getting back my scalp hairs?? Its getting uglier and uglier each day!
Please help me ...

Attachments

• HairLossTalk.com.jpg
    HairLossTalk.com.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,013
  • hlt2.jpg
    hlt2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,003
  • hjss.jpg
    hjss.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,032
  • lft.jpg
    lft.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,023
  • rttpl.jpg
    rttpl.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,015

Loolapalooza

Reaction score
Please help me guys, I am freaking out :(

just went again to the mirror under bright light to look with detail and this sh#t is getting really nasty ...

Help me out please, lie I dont mind :(

Loolapalooza

Reaction score
That´s it, I am quiting finasteride! I am loosing all my hair from day to day. I am seeing scalp and more scalp in new areas every day. I won´t continue destroying what I have left.
I am probably a special case, every hair loss product on me revealed to be a disaster. I used minoxidil 2x day during 4 months and the result was the same. Stoped minoxidil and the hair recovered a little bit. Hopefully same thing will happen with finasteride.

In oposition to this website, Dr Lee states that shedding is not normal on propecia. I believe him, some very unlucky dudes are bad responders I guess I am one of them.

Nobody answered me, but still, opinions are accepted.
I stoped today.

done

Reaction score
hey. I think you get no responses because people don't know why your hair is shedding. It could be good shed, or it could be bad shed. it's different for everyone and it's your choice to stick it out or forget about the whole thing.

Even the doctors don't know. I just recently went to a very good doctor and he pretty much told me the same thing, that I should stop taking the finasteride because my shed is excessive. He mentioned that a "good" shed, is usually a very minor shed, and even that rarely happens. In my case, losing more than 50% of my hair, I would consider that a "bad shed" lol. Right now I'm just hoping by some miracle I might get some of it back, but I doubt it. We'll see I guess.

It's your call really. Who knows, in a few months you might grow your hair back if you stick with finasteride.. no one knows.. I personally am stopping and trying to forget it ever happened.

Loolapalooza

Reaction score
Thank you for your post ...
decision has been made, no more finasteride that´s it!!!
Thank you again
Cheers