Please calculate the amount of grafts I need

needsaHT

Reaction score
I am a 19 year old who just started going to college and have been born with a high and irregular hairline. I am not suffering from male pattern baldness even though it looks quite severe. I want to get a hairline that is low as the line I put in the picture. How many grafts would this approximately take?
2zp1cb9.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Do you have a four finger or five finger forehead?

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:

YO! What are those?

I just put my 4 fingers on my forehead with the little finger just skimming the top of the hair strip above my eyes, and the pointer figure touches my hairline... Is that a "four finger hairline" and is that good?

Please answer, i've been too scarred to wear a pony tail because i thought it looked stupid because my hair was receded but maybe i paranoid...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is it good to have a four finger hairline? Well, its better than a 5 but not as good as a 3. That's just my perception. It really depends on the whole frame of your face and head. Also, depends on the size of your fingers and hand. Re

needsaHT

Reaction score
You can observe that I cleared out my face for privacy but I would like to say that my chin and nose are quite short and acute. All five of my finger add up to my hairline and the line I drew is three fingers high.

Obsidian

Reaction score
What if you do start losing it though? Wouldn't it be a pointless investment?

needsaHT

Reaction score
My maternal and paternal ancestors far back as great grand parents arent bald and had very minor recession to their natural hairlines

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could always get your scalp lowered, but i'd avoid surgery it doesnt always bring satifactory results and can create more problems.

CCS

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:

I got some big hands, like my other big body parts. So I only got a 2 finger forehead.