Please give advice

sbrundel

Reaction score
35 year old male. Been on Propecia for 10 years, Rogaine for about 2, as well as Nizoral 2-3 times per week. Started thinning on crown in mid 20s and have the "classic" horseshoe shape at this point; hence, the regime I've been on. Lately it seems like my sides have started to thin, as is evidenced in this picture (fresh out of shower).

My question: Is this male pattern baldness? No one, and I mean no one, in my family has hair loss. My mom's dad passed away at 91 with full head of hair. My dad is nearly 70 with full head of hair, and his father passed away with all hair. Father's brothers passed away decades ago, but they also did not experience hair loss. My dermatologist has never performed more than a visual examination saying, yes, you have male pattern baldness. Are there more exhaustive tests I could go through? Does anyone know of a dedicated "hair doctor" in the Kansas City area? Could things other than genetics be contributing to hair loss?

Your knowledgeable advice would be most appreciated.

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Reaction score
Definitely looks like male pattern baldness to me.

From what I've seen, if you find yourself wondering whether you have male pattern baldness, the answer is almost always yes.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
If your taking an AA to combat your hair loss then yes it is most likely male pattern baldness. Welcome to the club; everyone is welcome, but no one can leave.

g.i joey

Reaction score
wow dude you made it far with 10 years on finasteride, was ur crown always lacking a bit of density from when you started?

Francisiii

Reaction score
I have been of Finesteride for (16) years and I am now (41yrs. Old) I saw the crown begin to thin and I jumped on finasteride. right away. Did not have forums then to get swayed from the path to ride out some sides. Now, I am shedding mass amounts of hair that is targeted around the sides and rear of the head down to the nape of the neck. I have intense burning and throbbing in those areas. Rapid miniaturization is occuring. I do not know if it is upregulation or Telogen Effluvium or is it DUPA?