Please help a fellow shedder!

jilanchis

Reaction score
Hay guys,

I've been using Propecia ever since it first came out (I believe it's been around 7 or 8 years). The first 3-4 years the effects were awesome-I got a lot of my hair back....however, the last 2 years lots of that hair is shedding again and I'm slowly going back to square one....anyone else has had propecia's effect wear away on them over time???

On another note, any thoughts on the hairmax laser comb???

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
If Propecia is no longer working you could either add a topical DHT inhibitor - like that spironolactone stuff - or move to Dutasteride, the king of DHT inhibitors. Quite a few people who start losing ground on finasteride (Propecia) find Dutasteride works for them.

jilanchis

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply....what is this spironolactone stuff? any side effects? I'm gathering from your comment that it's topical.......what about dutasteride, what are the side effects there and how can I get my hands on them????

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think topical spironolactone has any side effects, but I'm not actually that sure where you get it! Try http://www.minoxidil.com that's the website of Dr Lee who makes the stuff.

Dutasteride can be bought from most phamacies (i think) as 'Avodart'. There's a cheaper generic called 'Dutas', but if you buy from online pharmacies your not guaranteed to get genuine products, but many people use them and swear they are legit. Dutasteride works in a similar way to Propecia (finasteride) but is quite a bit stronger, as a result it inhibits more DHT! The side effect of dutasteride are the same as Propecia (finasteride), but because it's stronger there's a slightly higher rate of incidence.