Please Help Me With Some Kind Of A Plan

Supersonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I created a thread some weeks ago but it got lost in the rollback...so lets do it all again.
I started to lose my hair at the age of 18. Unitil my 20s I was always considered not attractive, very tall but also very thin and some acne problems. I gained weight, let my hair grow out long, got medications for my acne and all of a sudden girls was all around me. I felt very good about myself,I liked doing things,talking to people, everything was fun when I felt good about myself and the way i looked.Everything seemed so easy when you're considered good looking.

But I was also aware of my male pattern baldness and how it would impact my looks. I started the big 3, but had to quit minoxidil because of an extremely itchy scalp. I thought I got sides from propecia, ED, and decided to stop taking the drug. Much later I found out that the ED was a result of my p**rn addiction. My girlfriend back then, and some friends encouraged me to shave my head, so at 25 I did.
" it really doesn't suit you" was the first thing my ex said when she looked at me. " cancer patient", "What have you done!!?" "grow your hair back, you cant pull it off", "you have a really big head" "you look like a big baby" was comments from the same friends that told me to shave my head. The times when girls approached me was long gone. I lived like this for three years, hating the way I looked, trying to avoid photographs and mirrors.

Then, one night at this club I was wearing a baseball cap. All of a sudden I was considered attractive again, girls started flirting, friends told me how different i looked and that they almost didn't recognize me. " You're like a completely different person with that cap on". It was to obvious to ignore, I look so incredible much better with something covering my head and that gives my face the right proportions. I've been a hat prisoner for two years (Im 30 now) now and people tell me quite often that I look good, well people that only see me with the cap on.But Im living a lie. I can't live like this, under a hat, and I can't accept the way I look with a shaved head. The problem is, what can I do? Im somewhere between Norwood 5-6 I think, with a pretty large head, and I'm not sure I'm a good candidate for a transplant. I have a vague plan, that involves stopping further loss with propecia( kind of scares me though) or wait for this Italian lotion and then do a couple of hair transplants, and use concealers, but i don't know, maybe I'ts all to late? what do you guys think?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_9579.JPG
    IMG_9579.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_9571.PNG
    IMG_9571.PNG
    251.4 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_9575.PNG
    IMG_9575.PNG
    263.7 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These guys would know better than me but i wanted to ask if you ever consulted with a hair transplant Surgeon?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did they say why your not good candidate?

Supersonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because they suspected retrograde alopecia, and that my donor looked thin already. But i like HDC:s work so if i ever do a hair transplant, it would probably be there anyway.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
and you won't go on medication? finasteride

Supersonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not sure, i dont know if I should wait for the lotion from italy instead. And since i've already reported side effects to my doctor, even though it was from the p**rn addiction, i dont think he would prescribe it again. Maybe its to much of a risk since im almost completely bald?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not sure, i dont know if I should wait for the lotion from italy instead. And since i've already reported side effects to my doctor, even though it was from the p*rn addiction, i dont think he would prescribe it again. Maybe its to much of a risk since im almost completely bald?

if you read through the guys posting on italian lotion they most likely think they will have to use in conjunction with finasteride...the hope is its a replacement.

Hopefully one of the guys will see the post and chime in because they can better advice you.

i think your best bet is finasteride OR at least topical finasteride or something similar...

you need minoxidil--to stimulate growth and you need a DHT fighter weather oral or topical Oral is better...but at least research topical

Supersonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what do you guys think, any reason to start propecia if i plan to have a hair transplant in the future or am I too long gone and not worth the potential side effects?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
wouldn't propecia help you keep what you have?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what do you guys think, any reason to start propecia if i plan to have a hair transplant in the future or am I too long gone and not worth the potential side effects?
I don´t want to be rude, but I fear it is too late for Propecia. You might get some thickening of existing hair, but since you have hardly any left I doubt it is gonna make a big difference.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're really really desperate get on super strong feminising anti androgens there is a guy on here who restored nw1 probably farther.

Supersonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is, If i plan to do a hair transplant or two, would jumping on propecia just be to big a risk or what do you think?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is, If i plan to do a hair transplant or two, would jumping on propecia just be to big a risk or what do you think?

If you get a transplant its still a good idea to be on propecia i am pretty sure.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who is HDC? Not familiar with that clinic off the top of my head

If it's on your mind 24/7 and affecting your quality of life as much as it sounds like, I'd probably attempt a transplant myself, even if it's a bit risky. Even if it doesn't work out at least you'll know you took what action you could

If the hair cloning thing works out you'll be saved either way

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are planning on having a hair transplant in the future then I would definitely get on propecia.. but buy proscar instead Its much cheaper.

You should at least slow the loss and hopefully recover a bit meaning the hair transplants will look all the better, most hair transplant docs will want you on propecia as it will also help prevent shock loss. While side effects of propecia are real they are no where near as prevelant as you would think from reading a forum.

Only 2% of people get sides and they normally dissapear after stopping finasteride.

Ive been on it 10 years+ with no issues.