Please help with my topical ONLY regime

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
as ive said before ive been using spironolactone and minoxidil and nizoral and all that.recently i purchased revivogen its very easy to use so ive stopped using spironolactone on my whole head and only use it on my sides now revivogen and minoxidil are only used on my crown and front hairline also nizoral 3 times a week and tgel the rest of the days ..is this sufficient?

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
also my hair is very short thats why its not worth me using propecia and giving up my sex life,i keep it short so i can smother it with minoxidil and revivogen so theres no chance of missing a spot.i hope this is enouth because thats all i plan to use minoxidil is cheap but revivogen isnt .i cant afford buying tricomin aswell screw that and as for spironolactone its so annoying to use its not funny i hate it so i only use it on my sides because there shaved zero and its easy

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
I suggest looking at Eucapil Fluridil, topical finasteride and laser comb. No guarantees these will work for everyone. my progress is slow but ongoing. Good luck with your quest. Proscar and Propecia probably don't help libido, though topicals may get into the bloodstream in smaller amounts.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been on minoxidil for 6 months and revivogen for two weeks nizoral for 1 year and i quit propecia 6 months ago i dont want to use spironolactone anymore its too anoying to use

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
man i need some real advice should minoxidil revivogen and nizoral be enouth?? f*** man just give me an answer

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not think that anyone can say "yes that will be enough."

It is possible that it will not be enough man, but it is better than nothing and probably is doing something to help your hair.

The only way to find out is to use the sshit and see what happens.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i guess your right man

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
I think using topical finasteride would be of benefit here. Crush 5mg of finasteride and dissolve into your 60ml bottle of minoxidil.

Personally, I feel spironolactone is not effective as it did not stop the horrible shedding I got when I quit oral finasteride. Topical finasteride did the job.. although my hair is still thinner than before :(

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the likelihood of getting side effects from topical finasteride/dutasteride compared to taking them orally?

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing beats taking oral Finasteride,, but if you can't bec its giving you sides; I definiatly would say stick with Revivogen. I used it alone for 3 months (on my whole scalp) before I went on finasteride, and it stopped my shedding and started thickening my hair. Topical finasteride is also good. Merck just applied for a topical finasteride patent , so we might see a topical finasteride solution coming out soon. But if you're going to go through the topical route,, Its better to take Revivogen since it blocks both 5ARs as well as the androgen receptor while topical finasteride would only block 5ar type 2 and would also be totally usless unless it gets into your hair follicles, while Revivogen can prevent scalp and hair root dht from forming as well.
spironolactone is also good,, and I'm on the same boat as you; its fu$$king impossible to apply if you have hair, only possible on temples/hairline region. Also,, if you are going to use minoxidil and Revivogen ; you are going to have to go through topical hell like I did finding time to apply minoxidil twice and revivogen once lol.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would strongly advice you stick up with spironolactone, since you are not using propecia. Is perhaps the best topical anti-androgen we have atm. Its f*cking hard to use i know. I am using a cream only at night, its hard but I think it can have good results in combination with other things. Inhibiting DHT is an one way road you know, if you want to fight hair loss.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is it hard to use the spironolactone cream? I'm just curious because I ordered it and am not sure how exactly I'll fit it into my regimen.

powersam

Reaction score
the owner of this site is maintaining using revivogen and spironolactone. how is spironolactone annoying to use? i personally think any topical based treatment plan will have to include spironolactone, without a doubt.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with revivogen? I'm pretty sure I read that it was difficult to use or really sloppy or something, so I decided not to use it. Is that true at all?

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Fat-Elvis said:
What is the likelihood of getting side effects from topical finasteride/dutasteride compared to taking them orally?

Well at the concentration I posted, very doubtful you will get any side effects. At least I don't anymore..

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
ill be opening my own hair research sales site. I already plan on offering a liquid spironolactone and a cream spironolactone. the cream with be 10%.

would people rather have a liquid finasteride or a cream finasteride? and what percent?

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
saucemcbrolock said:
ill be opening my own hair research sales site. I already plan on offering a liquid spironolactone and a cream spironolactone. the cream with be 10%.

would people rather have a liquid finasteride or a cream finasteride? and what percent?
Whatever, as long as it doesn't smell like skunk like Dr. Lee's.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
NYVic20 said:
Nothing beats taking oral Finasteride,, but if you can't bec its giving you sides; I definiatly would say stick with Revivogen. I used it alone for 3 months (on my whole scalp) before I went on finasteride, and it stopped my shedding and started thickening my hair. Topical finasteride is also good. Merck just applied for a topical finasteride patent , so we might see a topical finasteride solution coming out soon. But if you're going to go through the topical route,, Its better to take Revivogen since it blocks both 5ARs as well as the androgen receptor while topical finasteride would only block 5ar type 2 and would also be totally usless unless it gets into your hair follicles, while Revivogen can prevent scalp and hair root dht from forming as well.
spironolactone is also good,, and I'm on the same boat as you; its fu$$king impossible to apply if you have hair, only possible on temples/hairline region. Also,, if you are going to use minoxidil and Revivogen ; you are going to have to go through topical hell like I did finding time to apply minoxidil twice and revivogen once lol.

Do you have any studies showing topical Revivogen acts better than topical finasteride./dutasteride.? I've seen none either way.

Tests have shown (1) topical finasteride. DOES get into the follicles before it gets into the blood stream and (2) if you use 5 percent octyl salicylate in your concoction you'll get 10 times the absorption as you would with a 100 percent alcohol solution.

I would assume the same basic test results as listed in the paragraph above would occur with topical dutasteride. It does have a higher molecular weight but it is still small enough to penetrate into the skin.

Merck and Glaxo both state finasteride. and dutasteride. can absorb into the skin.

The hope is you can limit side effects and the detrimental effects of having reduced DHT by going the topical route.

For me, topical dutasteride. works better than 11 months of oral finasteride. did. Also, the main side effect I had with oral finasteride. usage was watery semen. With topical dutasteride. the semen is far less watery. But still a little more watery than without using any 5AR enzyme blocker. So, some is getting into my system but probably at a much lower amount.

Why treat the entire body when you can probably deliver a theraputic dosage directly to the scalp?