Please Help...

Tommyaz32

Reaction score
I have been on propecia and rogaine for 11 months now.. I seem to go through phases where my hair looks frail and thin for a couple months, then looks great for 3 weeks or so..This has been happening ever since I started treatment. Going into my 12th month, my hair seems to look really bad..Itching, hair easily comes out when i shampoo or apply rogaine foam Im hoping its a shedding phase and I will recover. I guess im just wondering if my hair is always going to shed and look frail more than it looks good? Will it ever stabalize?. I know ell enopugh that I need to wait this out, but does hair typically look frail and weak through a shedding phase?..Thinking of maybe starting Dutas soon..Maybe Propecia just isnt gaining enough ground..

One thing I think worth mentioning is I usually shave my arm hairs..I have noticed that when hair is growing back on arms, certain hair follicles seem not to be growing..I can see the hair starting to come out, but it is not as long as the other ones on arm. I dont know if this has any relation to the hair on my head or not, but I thought it was weird that my arm hair is not all growing at the moment...Could this be a anagen phase? If anyone has some advice, please share..

And I switched to using liquid rogaine at night in the past 30 days as well..Dont know if this has caused a bigger shed than normal..Hair looks horrible right now.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ive been on treatments for 2 years now and i go through stages where my hair looks better and then worse and you cant figure out if treatments are working or losing ground or what

however as i get quite far into treatments (25 months now) i must say my hair looks better most of the time........all i can say is definitely keep on treatments and things should settle down

i wouldnt worry about it at all,dont jump on dutasteride yet,give propecia another year to see what happens...........my best results have happened since i switched to rogaine foam,i had a MASSIVE shed for ages but now im seeing good results.good luck :)