please help

nemo78

Reaction score
IM a 33 year old woman and just been prescribed 2.8% minoxidil after visiting a trichologist. I have alopeci areata and some Telogen Effluvium and some androgenetic. I have had this problem for nearly 10 years. it has progressively got worse and now my hair is the thinnest it has ever been with patchy hair loss too. I lost my father a year ago and just as i started to chill out and enjoy life again my hair just packed up. I now have been usinf minoxidil for 2 weeks and it has increased the shedding at the scalp (I can see more scalp and patches than ever i just want to kill myself every day. Havent left the house apart from to work in 3 months and its got thinnes since using minoxidel but im too terrfied to come off it as i am now stuck with the least hair ever , i think because of this!! Please help i am now considering going on antidepressants and leaving work. IM CONVINCED MINOXIDIL JUST MAKES HAIR THIN SO WHEN YOU SEE HAIR GROWING AGAIN YOU THINK IT WORKS AND IS JUST A CON. :( :( :( :(

Experienced Member
Reaction score
go to a doctor. Make sure it's really ANDROGENIC ALOPECIA.
Telogen Effluvium and AA are treatable....

nemo78

Reaction score
Hi thanks, i have and they said its Telogen Effluvium with AA as well. have seen 2 trichologists. one says it is androgentetic with Telogen Effluvium and aa!! and the other says as my hormone levels are fine but iron is low its Telogen Effluvium. so does minoxidil just not speed up Telogen Effluvium making you feel worse? Then the hair you had to begin with grows back so you think its working?