Polishka's Story (22 /3 MONTH UPDATE WITH PICS looking good)

polishka

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First and foremost thanks to you all for the information and experiences you have all shared that has helped make informed decisions that are so far paying dividends.

I started receding at about the age of 19 (2006) whilst I was overseas. I was in denial about the fact and it took about 3 years until I got serious about doing something about it. I am lucky in the fact that I had accepted that my hair was receding and thinning and as my brother and lots of family on my mother's side were the same, it was only a matter of time. Plus, I don't look too bad with a shaved head.

Anyway, in mid-2008 I went to one of those 'Hairloss Solutions' Studio's and even though it was tempting, I felt that I could not trust them and that they cared a whole lot more about making money than actually helping me (I don't blame them but they could have done a better job of hiding that fact).

Nearly 3 months ago, after chatting to a friend who was on Proscar, I did some research and began on the well-talked about 'Big 3':
Proscar (1.25mg per day in the morning)
Minoxidil (5% at 1ml in morning and 1ml at night)
Nizoral (2% at 2-3 times a week)

Only side effects have been a slightly dry scalp but the Nizoral does a decent job in getting rid of it. Here are the photos after about 2.5 months treatment. I am very happy with the progress and comments I am getting. The photo's don't really do my progress any justice (especially since i have grown my hair a bit longer) but I no longer have an island at the front and the sides are also filling in well.

23/11/2008 - Before treatment began"
P1010675.jpg

1 Month into Treatment (1/1/2009)
P1010679.jpg

2 Months into Treatment (2/2/2009)
P2010732.jpg

P2010733.jpg

3 Months into Treatment (4/3/2009) - photos taken with flash
Left temple is lagging behind but there is still hope there as I can see small hairs coming through!
P3040715a.jpg

P3040696.jpg

P3040694.jpg

woah shape of my head looks weird in this one

Thanks and I will update again in a few weeks!

Polishka

polishka

Reaction score
Re: polishka (22) nearly 3 months into treatment

Argh, sorry about the pics but I can't be bothered reducing them. You get the idea anyway!

Also forgot to mentioned that I am getting a lot of really blonde and thin unwanted hairs along my forehead.. and I think my eyebrows are a bit thicker... anyone else get this aswell??

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

amazing. hair is miles better. this is why meds are a god send. good recovery mate. i wouldnt know u had hair loss anymore

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score

great results...
:punk:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

what way do u apply the minoxidil. All over your head?? or just temples and hairline? when did you first start seeing results?

polishka

Reaction score

iwantperfection said:
what way do u apply the minoxidil. All over your head?? or just temples and hairline? when did you first start seeing results?

hey, I just squirt some onto the front half of my hair and rub deeply into temples. Then I spread any excess through the top part of my head and rub gently. I have never had problems with my crown so i just concentrate on front area.

I started seeing little hairs sprouting just before the 2 month mark and from there the growth has been substantial. Also, I do not think I have experienced a shed yet, but its a little hard to tell when my hair was buzzed.

I can not believe how thick it is now, I can feel 'clumps of hair' that I havent felt since i was 15. Fingers crossed i can now maintain what I have!

How long have u been on the stuff 'iwantperfection'?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

my hair is like yours.. frontal third thinning. my temples were like yours too the way they had thinned out rather than receeded. im currently on finasteride just which has helped me but im contemplating minoxidil for extra thickness. throughout my thick hair i can see loads of thin hairs. If these thickened i would be back to near enough normal hair. i had my head buzzed but im growing it out agen. If i get minoxidil i will buzz it agen to half inch.

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score

Thats amazing im so jealous. Im really diffuse like you and i've been on the big 3 for 8 months with not nearly the same results.

slacker

Reaction score

Congrats!

I am just curious, you seem to have the same haircut as me, were your pictures of progress consistent with your haircut (ie: did you get a haircut before the pictures, so the hairs are not longer than your before pictures?)

polishka

Reaction score

Hey,

The first two photos were taken with a 1 blade. The 3rd and 4th were taken with slightly longer hair which may appear deceiving, but if i had the same length with the first two you would visibly see an island forming on top of my head and a clear recession around the temples. The improvement has been great and I finally feel confident to grow my hair longer now.

Cheers

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: polishka (22) [3 MONTH UPDATE WITH PICS] looking good

looks like your responding well to your treatments

keep it up!

polishka

Reaction score
Pills were working great, but over time I noticed decreased sex drive and being unable to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. I am off the pills and happier for it.

MPBfighter

Reaction score
polishka can you post up pics of your hair now? i have a very similar hairline and want to see how you responded since being on the big 3