Pologuy514's Story (Pics Included)

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 22 now, going to be 23 soon and I've never thought about hair loss until about a half year ago. I'm almost done with college and am almost out into the workforce so I'd like to look sharp especially when interviewing.

I have strawberry blonde hair and it's curly in the front. I've always had really thick hair up until about a year ago and then I noticed in pictures that my hair wasn't has dense and thick as before. I then got curious as to why I was losing hair. I looked at both my dad's and my mom's side of their family and they both had hair but not a lot ontop. It was then that I decided to take action. My dad has been using Propecia for about 2 years now and he's almost 60. He's had some regrowth his barber told him so it gave me confidence. I haven't had any problems with girls yet not wanting to hangout with me because of my hair yet. I'm just slightly a norwood 2. My goal is to regain my hair and get it back to a full norwood 2. I am only balding in the temple region. I have really light hair and my friend dyed my hair black about 7 months ago and I lost some hair. I was told it would grow back within 8 months. I'm just worried whether it will or not. I have been on propecia now for about 9 months and I just started rogain foam a month ago. So far I haven't lost any hair in the back which is good.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any remedy that can help with regrowing hair in the temple region since that is the only area i'm having difficulty with for now?

Thanks for reading my story.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Pologuy514's Story

pologuy514 said:
I'm 22 now, going to be 23 soon and I've never thought about hair loss until about a half year ago. I'm almost done with college and am almost out into the workforce so I'd like to look sharp especially when interviewing.

I have strawberry blonde hair and it's curly in the front. I've always had really thick hair up until about a year ago and then I noticed in pictures that my hair wasn't has dense and thick as before. I then got curious as to why I was losing hair. I looked at both my dad's and my mom's side of their family and they both had hair but not a lot ontop. It was then that I decided to take action. My dad has been using Propecia for about 2 years now and he's almost 60. He's had some regrowth his barber told him so it gave me confidence. I haven't had any problems with girls yet not wanting to hangout with me because of my hair yet. I'm just slightly a norwood 2. My goal is to regain my hair and get it back to a full norwood 2. I am only balding in the temple region. I have really light hair and my friend dyed my hair black about 7 months ago and I lost some hair. I was told it would grow back within 8 months. I'm just worried whether it will or not. I have been on propecia now for about 9 months and I just started rogain foam a month ago. So far I haven't lost any hair in the back which is good.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any remedy that can help with regrowing hair in the temple region since that is the only area i'm having difficulty with for now?

Thanks for reading my story.

Rogaine foam. Read up on it and decided if its something you can commit to.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair treatment help for temples

So rogaine foam helps at temples. I thought that it helps only in the crown and in the middle of the back of the head? If it does help in the temples I'd be interested in continuing it. Thanks

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Hair treatment help for temples

pologuy514 said:
So rogaine foam helps at temples. I thought that it helps only in the crown and in the middle of the back of the head? If it does help in the temples I'd be interested in continuing it. Thanks

They are only allowed to advertise that becasue they only tested it in those areas, but, many people have been using on the temples and some even on slick bald areas and seem to be getting great success. I am using on the temples also, but only started it last month

G

Propecia works at the temples as well. It is just that these hairs seem to be most sensitive to DHT and hence a treatment at the temples is more difficult.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Pologuy514's hair wih PICS any suggestions

I posted some pics of the front so that you can see my hairline. What techniques would work to help fill in the missing spots? On my temples I'm missing hair. How would you rate my hair on the norwood scale. I think it's a 2 but it could be worse. I currently use Propecia. Feel free to express your opinions because I will take them into consideration. Thanks.

Here's the link:
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/soccerguy_02/

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Update

I just purchased a 3 month supply of Rogain foam so i'll use that along with propecia and keep everyone up to date with the results. I'm only going to use rogain foam on the temples so hopefully it will work. :)

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Pologuy514's hair wih PICS any suggestions

pologuy514 said:
I posted some pics of the front so that you can see my hairline. What techniques would work to help fill in the missing spots? On my temples I'm missing hair. How would you rate my hair on the norwood scale. I think it's a 2 but it could be worse. I currently use Propecia. Feel free to express your opinions because I will take them into consideration. Thanks.

Here's the link:
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/soccerguy_02/

Its hard to say what norwood you are as the pics are a bit dark...However, you still appear to have good coverage so youve caught it early which is always good.
If you can, maybe post some pics with wet hair under a bright light.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
New product - Nizoral 1%

I bought Nizoral 1% today and have used it once. After using Nizoral in the shower I dryed it and my hair felt fine although my hair was a lot flatter than it is usually after drying my hair.

I was just wondering if this is normal because my hair usually has a lot more thickness and density to it after drying?

I heard that Nizoral stops hairloss but not sure if it actually causes regrowth. I was wondering what exactly has this product done for anyone that has tried it?

Thanks all for your help

-Pologuy

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
you put nizoral on AFTER you dry your hair.... Have you got the shampoo or the cream. If its a shampoo, shouldn't you be puttin it on when your hair is wet in the shower?

You seem to have jumped on the Foam wagon pretty quick. Your hair doesn't look bad at all. You should have really given the finasteride a full year or so to see what happened to your hairline.

Peace

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
New PICS (2-25-07) - Not sure If i'm on the right hair meds

I took some current pictures with my hair wet so that it would be easier to distinguish the thinning areas.

Here is the link: http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/ ... 07%20Pics/

I had a haircut about 2-3 weeks ago but it is usually longer. My other pictures are from when my hair was dry.

If anyone would be willing to give me some advice if i'm using the right hair treament meds i'd appreciate it. I'm currently on: Propeica (10 months), Rograine Foam(2 months), Nizoral 1%(1 week). I think my thinning is only in the temple region so i'm applying the foam to the temples and hairline. Also I was curious what norwood I am. I'm guessing around a 2.

I've been using propecia for the longest now and I'm not really sure if i've had any regrowth. I know that my shedding has slowed down though which is good. If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to share.

I truly appeciate all the advice

-Pologuy

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Started MSM Today

I purchased Pure MSM today from a supplement shop. They come in 500 mg capsules. I took 6 with water and food. I'm 160 lb 6'2. I think this is the right amount because it said take one capsule for every 30 lbs you weigh. Does this seem like the right dosage for those that use MSM? I'm hoping this will pay off in the long run. I appreicate all the support and wish you all the same.

-Pologuy

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
New haircut and taking a break from Rogaine foam

So I just got a haircut yesterday. I got it about a half inch and I've gotten a lot of compliments about how much hair I have. I think my hair has filled in quite immensely.

I've stopped using rogaine foam as of a week ago because I think I should wait a year on Propecia before moving on with new things. I was only on Rograine foam for about 2-3 months so I dont believe it will be detrimental if I take a break.

Is stopping Rogaine foam after 2-3 months a wise choice?

Also for those of you that have used Propecia/finasteride how long after starting it did you start using minoxidil?

Thank you all for the comments.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia empty stomach, tons of Nizoral and you are doing the foam you are golden.

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
It is wise to give the finasteride its due course of between a yera and 18months before deciding whether or not you wanna add minoxidil.... at least thats what I'm gonna do.
Take your finasteride as soon as you wake up, and shampoo with Nizoral at least twice a week... Keep it up

Peace

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
New Haircut

So I just got a haircut yesterday. It's about an inch and a half ontop and pretty short on the sides I still have to get my hair thinned out in back which is fantastic. I've never had my hair this short before but co-workers and my gf think it looks really good. This one girl at work said it made me look older which kind kicked in but she said it was because she wasn't use to seeing me with shorter hair It still looks thin in the front which drags on me. I figure with it be shorter that I should be able to tell if regrowth occurs more easily.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
So today i decided I'm going to get back on rogaine foam. I was on it for 2 months a while back but decided to quit due to irritation but I figure I really dont have much to lose. I'll take some pics in the upcoming months to see if there is any progress. I'm just applying the rogaine foam to the temples. Thanks all for the comments.