Polysorbate 80 with Biotin & Niacin

tiredofloss

Established Member
Reaction score
i was lookin on a place where i get vitamins f rom and they have this which is said to help hair loss

POLYSORBATE 80 (with Biotin and Niacin) is a form of Sorbitol and when combined with Oleic acid, POLYSORBATE 80 loosens dry skin and emulsifies the waxy build-up on the scalp. Used before shampooing, POLYSORBATE 80 may be the answer to your prayers.

DIRECTIONS: Coat the scalp or balding areas with a thin film of POLYSORBATE 80 with Biotin and Niacin five or ten minutes before shampooing. Rub the drops into the scalp with your fingertips vigorously until scalp feels warm. Then wash it out. Repeat daily. If any POLYSORBATE 80 gets into the eyes, it will be mildly irritating like most shampoos. It washes out easily with water and will do no harm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polysorbate_80

anyone have any experience using this? biotin definitely makes hair & nails grow faster but doesnt prevent loss. ive never heard of niacin helpin with hair loss.

CCS

Reaction score
I bought 3 tubes of the stuff cheap. I rarely use it though. Your sebum glands excrete a wax instead of an oil when they have high androgen activity. Silence the androgen activity with something like nizoral, and they will make less wax, I think. Not completely sure about that.

Yeah, they say add oleic acid to it. Getting it is a pain. You can get a gallon for $30 or something. Way more than you will ever need. If you got a waxy scalp go for it. I'm not so sure mine is waxy. Mine does not look shiny.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I hit a 3 for 1 sale on the stuff at Puritans not too long ago - so I'm set for a good supply for the immediate future.

Poly 80 also supposedley helps increase the effectiveness of minoxidil.

I go through phases - using it daily for awhile - and then not using it weeks on end.

It won't hurt ya. That's the best I can say for it.