Pondering the possiblilty of baldness

footbal123

Reaction score
Hello all!

So I hit the 21 mark the other day. I was always really happy of my juvenile hairline and I've always put a lot of attention to my hair. Ever since New Year's it hit me that I might possibly be losing my juvi hairline. I see the front of my hairline thinning. I went to two derms, a regular Doctor and took opinions from all my barbers. Both deems said right now, I'm in the clear. One still recommended me finasteride but said, she would not give it to me if I was her son. She said to wait it out another year and see what happens then. The other derm said my hair is quite thick but the thinner portions on top are normal for my age and that I have healthy hair. I want to really get off this hair paranoia so I come to this board for your opinons. What is worrying me is my front hairline. My Doctor said it could be the start if the mature hairline. But if I understand correctly, doesn't a mature hairline make the v-shape but the front doesn't actually come back. Like your sides recede but the tip still stays where the juvi line is. Please let me know, if I understand correctly. I also posted some pictures.

I know me left temple is receding slightly, hopefully the right follows and the front goes back a bit. Let's hope. I am getting worried because with good lighting I can see a bit through my hairline. My derm says its too early to panic because my hairline is low but I want to be on top of things.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Really do appreciate all your opinions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.43.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.43.29 PM.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.43.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.43.52 PM.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 232
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.44.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.44.14 PM.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.44.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.44.27 PM.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 285
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.44.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 9.44.43 PM.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 268

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Judging from the pics you posted, I see absolutely zero thinning/hair loss.

footbal123

Reaction score
Appreciate the reply, would you mind helping me out on my other question concerning the maturing hairline. From a juvenile to mature, does the whole hairline go back, or do we expect to keep the front a juvenile hairline and only the sides recede?
THANKS!

footbal123

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the reply. The reason I panic is because under bright light or like a car mirror with the sun pointing at my scalp ( I know weird) I could see areas of the scalp if not styled properly. My derm said that its perfectly normal for light to pass through and kinda messed up to look at a car mirror with the sunlight directly on my scalp lol. Anyways, I appreciate your help and hope everything is still in the good. Can someone please answer my question regarding the receding thing I asked before. Please. Thanks!

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
cut it to a buzz....with that haircut its impossible to see whether you have male pattern baldness or not because of the contrast

footbal123

Reaction score
Hey guys, just an update here! SO I went to another derm again, she was actually about to prescribe me some anti-depressants because she thinks I am over worrying. The reason I am is because I still think I am in fact thinning, even though I have been told no by two derms and a General Practitioner. What bothers me is that they look at my hair rather quickly and say, you have healthy hair. I haven't been given a miniaturization test, which is what I am after to finally get a real answer per say. I have booked one with a Hair Transplant later next month.

I have updated more pics, here my hair is pretty much combed back. I can definitely see my hairline thinning a bit. Hopefully, it's just the start of a mature hairline. I also think my hair feels a lot like straw but every qualified individual I have shown says its non-sense.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. I don't post much but I have been silently lurking, don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing though haha.

Photo on 2014-05-09 at 8.57 PM.jpgPhoto on 2014-05-09 at 8.58 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 2014-05-09 at 8.58 PM #3.jpgPhoto on 2014-05-09 at 8.58 PM #4.jpgPhoto on 2014-05-09 at 8.58 PM #5.jpgPhoto on 2014-05-09 at 8.59 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 2014-05-09 at 9.01 PM.jpgPhoto on 2014-05-09 at 9.02 PM.jpg

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Get out of here!

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Either some people have a psychological problem and think they are balding. Or this guy is a troll?

- - - Updated - - -

This guy is a giant ****ing dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe by Armenian standards this guy is balding.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Either some people have a psychological problem and think they are balding. Or this guy is a troll?

- - - Updated - - -

This guy is a giant ****ing dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe by Armenian standards this guy is balding.

Yes to the first two. I'll take a pass on the third.