Possible shed, too early?

AquaNet

Reaction score
Since Jan 22 I started treatment, you can view my regimen below and it has only been 22 days since treatment and today was the first day where I lost much more hair today in the shower then usual. Could I be going into a shed and responding to the minoxidil this early.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i started my minoxidil shed after only a week, and it lasted about 3 weeks, now i lose very little hair. so yes it can happen this soon.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Last 2 weeks or so I have had some shedding, meaning in my case I had some hairs visible on my hands when shampooing and rinsing. But it was very minor.

AquaNet

Reaction score
Very minor too, before I would lose about 2-3 hairs during shampoo and clense and now 10 + but I suppose this is a good step forward. Does the hair become thicker on the regrowth from minoxidil and should I still continue to shampoo and condition daily.

I have only a couple more days before im out of the liquid minoxidil so im going to switch over to the foam, which I wanna do but heard about going from one to the other can cause mix results. This time though im not going to stop like the last times the shed happened im going to stick through this one.

AquaNet

Reaction score
Im on the foam now, and im shedding more then usual still. The last two times this happened in the pass, like couple years ago I didn't no better and discontinued treatment for the fear of losing more hair and now im sticking though it, I have to or im just going to keep losing.

At least since I have a better understanding about sheds, I am kinda happy a shed is happening hoping im a good responder but who knows.

Relient2

Reaction score
is there any way to tell if its an actual shed or if its just the male pattern baldness hairs falling out ?

AquaNet

Reaction score
idk, I would like to know if having peach fuzz hairs is a sign of regrowth around the temples that I now have..

I think this is a shed, cause im becoming thinner then ever in just a couple months.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I might really be going through a little shed right now, but I really have no frame of reference.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i had thinned out within the first month into the second(you can look at the pics i took in jan on my link). I really wouldn't call it shedding because i didn't notice hairs falling out but i could be wrong.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think I have been thinning/ shedding all over, my hair feels like it has less volume. I don't have any big sheds in the shower, but I see some hairs when shampooing, and my wife has commented that I am leaving hairs here and there around our bedroom vanity mirror. I'm around the 80 day mark.

AquaNet

Reaction score
klink said:
I think I have been thinning/ shedding all over, my hair feels like it has less volume. I don't have any big sheds in the shower, but I see some hairs when shampooing, and my wife has commented that I am leaving hairs here and there around our bedroom vanity mirror. I'm around the 80 day mark.

I believe im shedding the same way, im at 60 days and I feel like I lost volume all over my head, don't think it is normal hair loss cause it has only been 2 months now, I could see that much hair loss in a year but not two months.

I keep my hair long, so it is really hard to tell if im having regrowth or not, I know it is going to work so I keep doing it;