Possible shed?

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I started 5% minoxidil and 2% keto a little over 3 months ago. I'm a NW3 diffuse (significantly) thinner. Very deep and visible temples, and very much thinner and lighter hair on top than on the sides. I sport a buzzcut by the way.
After about 2 months of treatment my hair had gotten noticeably darker, healther and thicker, plus I had some sides with regards to body hair. Hairier arms, nosehair, stronger facial hair, etc. Then after about 2 months and 2-3 weeks and until now I've seemed to lose ground. I don't know if I've shed very much, and my hair still seems a tiny bit thicker on top than it was at baseline, but the color has faded a LOT, and my hair isn't as healthy and thick as it was a few weeks ago.

Has anymore experienced a "shed" like this, and will it grow back thicker and darker again? Or has minoxidil simply lost its effect on me, after just 3 months? Is that even possible? Just seems weird to me.

Never had a shed to begin with by the way. My hair just got gradually thicker and darker for the first ~2months.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone? I'd really like an answer to this from some knowledgeable dude, or someone who's experienced this before. I realize the answer isn't going to be conclusive though, but I'd like to know if minoxidil really can lose its effect after such a short time.

I've never missed a day's application by the way, but there were a few days (maybe 3 or 4) where I only applied once, and a few (maybe 2-3) where I applied three times, if that's relevant.