Post hair transplant Questions (Scabs)

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So when they scabs start falling off and they have little hair imbedded in them, are those the transplanted hairs? Do you lose donor hair during this period (11 days after) I know I' m supposed to go through a big shed, but I was wondering about other peoples experiences with post hair transplant shedding

shookwun

Reaction score
You will experience a bit of shock loss around your FUT scar. Again, it varies from individual.

Should start shedding around 10-14 days post operation.

I dont understand what you're exacting exactly. Sounds to me like you're describing dried blood scabs around the follicle. Normal for the transplanted grafts to start to shed, and break off. They will go into hibernation that sprout around 10-12 weeks post operation

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If they are little hairs then they must be from the transplant. I didn't start losing many that soon though on my first hair transplant, it started maybe 2 1/2 weeks in and by a month almost all gone. I just had a second hair transplant yesterday so am 10 days behind you. The scabs though should have washed off by now, when I took the first good shower where I could run strong water on my scalp it took three showers to get rid of those the first time, so about 9 to 10 days in. If a few small hairs come with it I would think they may be just falling early from shock.

At 10 days in you have done all you can to keep the new transplant safe, you can wash normally and let them have to handle shampoo and all the rest. It will take maybe two months to see any new hairs, maybe even up to 3 1/2 months. in 5 months you can get 1/2 inch of new hair and see if it has taken well.

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. This is my first one so it baffles me to see this process. Most of the scabs are gone. The past week there has been little crusts flaking offwith the scabs. It kinda looks like I have a full head of hair except the scalp is red and I don't know what hairs are what.....she shaved down the front when she put 2400 in. Oh well...at least it's interesting and there is hope for the first time in over 10 years. I look in the mirror and I kindacan see a 'normal' person if that makes sense

shookwun

Reaction score
Wednesday will be the bench mark for me approaching three weeks. Most my grafts have already shed off.

Ugly duckling dormant phase.

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wednesday will be the bench mark for me approaching three weeks. Most my grafts have already shed off.

Ugly duckling dormant phase.

Man Wednesday will be two weeks for me. When did you start shedding? Are you using minoxidil?

shookwun

Reaction score
I started shedding at around 12-13 days Post-operation. At exactly 2 weeks I started applying minoxidil at night.

I don't apply it during the day because it inflames the skin. You will notice when you apply it that your skin is brighter in contour, and pigmentation.