Post Op 3 months: Hair Growth Question

WebBubba

Reaction score
Hey folks. I've read a lot about how hair growth after surgery will start around the 3rd month. I'm currently a little over 3 months after my surgery, and I'm not sure what to expect in the coming weeks. I've heard others talk about seeing thin whitish hairs sprouting. I may be feeling some of these when I move my fingers around the donor area, but since my hair is so light anyway (blond/red) and I have a fair amount of original hair still on my scalp that has grown back, I can't see much and I'm not sure if that growth has started yet or not.

So my questions are: Was it obvious for you guys when growth started? Was it generally after the 3rd month? Was it first a few hairs here and there, with more and more following or did you see growth for a lot of hairs initially?

As you can probably tell, I'm at that phase where I'm nervous that the grafts are going to grow in. After all this hassle and waiting, I'm definitely wanting the pay-off.

Thanks for all the info and support. This site has been great for me during my recovery. Cheers!

WebBubba

Reaction score
Anyone help me out with your experience regarding when the initial growth started? I'm not sure mine has started yet and it'd be great to hear how obvious that was for people. Thanks!

G

Yes my growth started roughly at the three month mark on all four of my procedures. Possibly you are a late bloomer. How much existing hair was there to begin with? Who did your procedure?

WebBubba

Reaction score
My procedure was with Dr. Hasson. I suspect I was about a Norwood 4, with a fair amount of thinning existing hair in front. Much of my original hair has grown back now. My hair is very light (blond/red). I think I am beginning to feel some stubs among the existing hair, but I suppose it's too early to see anything.

When growth starts, do the new hairs come up sparsely and then over time fill in as more and more sprout?

G

The regrowth breaks through the scalp at various intervals because the hair follicles cycle at intervals, meaning, they don't all cycle at the exact same time.