Post Op Time till gym??

dfwguy

Reaction score
I've done some searches and I've read anywhere from 1 to 3 months is the time to wait before going back to the gym to lift heavy. The post-op instructions from the clinic listed just 1 week post-op before lifting heavy. Could you guys give me some input on what you know/have heard? I'd like to get back to things in 2.5 weeks if it won't harm anything. Thanks!

GeminiX

Reaction score
Post hair transplant, the first week is when most of the repairing is done after which you can generally treat the scalp fairly normally; that said, inflamation and I would expect raised chance of infection can last for months (though will be rare). Also, the donor area (if you had strip) will be inflamed and even numb / sensitive for months post op, and the stitches may even be there for a couple of weeks.

Ask your surgeon or clinic who performed the treatment and follow the advice they give above all else, but personally I would take things fairly easy for about a month just to give your investment the very best chance.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'd avoid doing squats for longer as this exercise pulls on the back of the scalp.

dfwguy

Reaction score
Sorry, i meant to say it was a FUE procedure, so no donor scar to worry about. Still wait a month?

dfwguy

Reaction score
Thanks all - I guess I should just be patient and wait a month before doing anything.