Post Op Travel

kriss

Reaction score
Would it be better to travel by car or plane after a hair transplant? Don't factor the cost of driving vs. flying.

Driving yourself would be more private, but may not be as relaxing as flying. But if you fly you would probably want/need to wear a hat or something to hide the "work". But this would require wearing a hat for several hours. Would wearing a hat for a long period of time be bad for the grafts?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How soon after the hair transplant do you plan to travel?

I am not a medical expert, but i think it would be ok to wear a loose hat for a couple of hours if you are at least 10 days post-op.

If you have to travel immediatelly after hair transplant, i guess you should better drive.

s.a.f

Reaction score
As long as the cap is'nt touching the grafts its ok to wear immeadiatly post op.

theanimator

Reaction score
I stayed with family for a few weeks when I got my hair transplant in Tucson. I must say that the pain medicine made me very drowsy for the next few days after the hair transplant. If you'll be in town for less than a week or even a few days I'd take a plane. Like everyone said, just as long as the grafts aren't disturbed by your hat you'll be ok.