Post Surgical Routines and Hair Loss

G

Hi Guys,

I am about to get a hair transplant to fill in front hairline. About 500-700 graphs all told. I would very much like to avoid the "normal" fall out of transplanted hairs that can occur after 3 months or so. I understand this can happen or not, depending.

I am wondering what our collective experience and/or the research is on how this can be accomplished. My normal routine includes the usual, propecia, minoxidil, Folligen, nizoral etc.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Brucelee

wadecz1

Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

One thing I have always wondered about when it comes to transplants is what happens to the hair behind the transplant? I mean if the minoxidil./propecia doesnt help,then it seems that you might be screwed into continually getting them?

I wish you all the best! Make sure and keep us posted to your results,ok! Take care, Wade

G

wadecz1 said:
Hey Bruce,

One thing I have always wondered about when it comes to transplants is what happens to the hair behind the transplant? I mean if the minoxidil./propecia doesnt help,then it seems that you might be screwed into continually getting them?

I wish you all the best! Make sure and keep us posted to your results,ok! Take care, Wade

You are correct. If you cannot retain the non-transplanted hair, you are in a vicious cycle. This is my second transplant but likely my last as I am 53 and have lost or kept pretty much what I am going to.

On balanced, I am pleased with what has been done so far and will be interested in how this one looks as it is much larger than the first (800 vs 200 grafts),

Thanks

Brucelee