Pre-employment drugs test ?

delta653

Reaction score
sorry to post this twice guys

hello i am starting a new job shortly and will have to have a urine drugs test . i am currently on 1mg of propecia daily

i know its not ilegal or anything but will it come up on the test ?

i did have a simlar test at my last place of work but i had missed about 10days of the propecia at the time so it was probs out of my system by then

s.a.f

Reaction score
I would expect that they're only testing for the presence of illegal drugs not doing a full hormonal bloodwork test. I doubt your employers are interested in your DHT levels.

delta653

Reaction score
i'm just thinking that when they do the test will they come back saying there maybe no ilegal drugs there but there is a substance that they dont know what it is .

s.a.f

Reaction score
They wont analyse it that thouroughly, they will just test for the presence of drugs. Probably by adding some other chemical and looking for a reaction to say that drugs are present. That test is not going to be affected by the presence of finasteride. And before anyone mentions - no its not the same thing as olympic athletes when they are checked for steroid use.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't worry about it.

I don't think the hormonal levels is what they look for in those tests.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
They don't test for finasteride. They have a list of common illegal drugs that they test for by adding chemicals to your urine sample to see if any of them react. finasteride isn't going to show up.

CCS

Reaction score
You could be doing illegal steroids and they still would not know.

delta653

Reaction score
do yu not think the finasteride would show up at all? i just dont want the embarresment of haing to explain what the strange substance has been found in my urine
( finasteride )

s.a.f

Reaction score
Unless they (your employers) request to have a specific test especially for finasteride IT WONT SHOW UP!!

oni

Reaction score
I have heard eating bagels and muffins covered in poppy seeds can help you pass a drugs test..................................... :whistle: