Preparing Myself For The Inevitable

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am a 20 year old and my name is Arko. Well here it goes. This past month my anxiety took a toll and I have been researching on hair loss like a madman, the reason well I started to notice my crown is thinning but my hairline is pretty good. My hairfall count varies somedays it's 30 and somedays it's more than 50 like today I lost around 20 hairs by 8 am while having the first morning combing session after that I combed again around 10 am and well I lost like 0 or probably less than 5 because they might have slipped unnoticed. I know balding is inevitable in my case. My grandfather and my maternal uncle both of them are bald. My mother's side has a problem of thinning hair but everyone from her family has a full set of hair except for her younger brother....From my father's side my grandpa was bald (he's dead now that's why used was) my dad's brother has a full set of hair and so my grandmother. As for me you already know my age but reverting few years back probably 3 my friend (yes only one of him) in school used to say I have bald spot but nonetheless I never cared. Right now I have started to care because I know it's gonna happen. So I have been through countless of forums and read some really, really sad stories and some happier or motivational ones. So basically 20th of this month I am gonna have my last major exam and after that I will leave for home for like 50 days. I have decided to do a few things in those 50 days. Get my hair buzzed in the last day before I leave for home since I have never buzzed my hairs before and idk if I end up looking goofy asf the last thing an anxious and self conscious guy needs among a bunch of people. After that I will go through a workout regime and try to gain as much muscle as possible and try to pull a Jason Statham xD. Life has kicked me down numerous time like me getting addicted to MDMA and getting shitty grades and now when everything is working fine for me like out of drugs and getting good grades life wants to f*** me again. I can't let that happen. I am pretty good looking guy..Atleast that's what girls tell me. I can't let baldness catch me off guard, I have contemplated suicide before but thinking about my parents after my death makes me sad. So hopefully you guys can recommend something to go for. P.S. I will meet a dermatologist but not looking forward to any treatment.

Last edited:

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only one way to find out. If you have seriously contemplated suicide due to hair loss then I would recommend you give them a try.
Here are some pictures btw I just got a haircut so what's your opinion on them?

Attachments

• IMG_20170509_195914.jpg
    IMG_20170509_195914.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_20170509_195829.jpg
    IMG_20170509_195829.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 282

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some pictures btw I just got a haircut so what's your opinion on them?

Chill the f*** out and get on finasteride 1mg per day, and nizoral 2% shampoo 3 times per week. Obviously thinning in the crown but 90% chance that standard meds will work.

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chill the f*** out and get on finasteride 1mg per day, and nizoral 2% shampoo 3 times per week. Obviously thinning in the crown but 90% chance that standard meds will work.
Should I start off with the regimen or meet a dermatologist? Also any side effects I should be aware of?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I start off with the regimen or meet a dermatologist? Also any side effects I should be aware of?

See the cheapest doctor possible and ask for them to prescribe finasteride. Around 2-5% of users get side effects such as brain fog or erectile disfunction but these go away when stopping the usage.

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
See the cheapest doctor possible and ask for them to prescribe finasteride. Around 2-5% of users get side effects such as brain fog or erectile disfunction but these go away when stopping the usage.
Thanks a lot! Honestly I am a bit skeptical about seeing a dermatologist since he or she may dupe me or whatever (nose for profit) so atm I'll start off with your regime and see what can I get out of it.

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two months on finasteride now (Finax 1 mg) and Nizral.
These are two pics one with my hair oiled and the other one dried up, what is my condition can anyone help me?
Also recently I have been shedding quite amount of small hairs, they aren't fully grown!

Attachments

• IMG_20170726_012849.jpg
    IMG_20170726_012849.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20170724_220827.jpg
    IMG_20170724_220827.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 184

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two months on finasteride now (Finax 1 mg) and Nizral.
These are two pics one with my hair oiled and the other one dried up, what is my condition can anyone help me?
Also recently I have been shedding quite amount of small hairs, they aren't fully grown!

I wouldn't worry about any shedding in the first two months. For me I shed up until month 3 then it started thickening up around 4 -5 then stabilised.

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about any shedding in the first two months. For me I shed up until month 3 then it started thickening up around 4 -5 then stabilised.
I am not gonna lie somedays I shed a lot but somedays almost nothing (probably 10). Any review about my crown, it almost looks vacant whenever I apply oil or aloe Vera gel but looks better when it's dried up btw I have wavy hairs (almost curly)