Preston's Story -(Aggressive hair loss started 6 months ago)

Preston

Reaction score
Hello everyone ,

I'm 25 and I started to loose hair a little more than 6 months ago , but really aggressively , since then I've lost like 50 % of total hair mass + front line receeding accompanied by extreme scalp pain at the root of the hairs .
The pain was so strong that just a little wind making my hair move was sufficient to hurt me bad !

Just 1 week after stating minoxidil the pain was incredibly reduced and the loss diminished . Things got even better with nizoral 2% shampoo every day .
I also started finasteride 2x0,5mg / day like 10 days ago , no side effects at all .
Altough all this is doing good and I got the feeling that myhair thickened even a little more with finasteride even if I started it not long ago , I'm still loosing .

Now that I'm loosing much less I noticed something strange with minoxidil , I know there can ben sheddings but mine is kinda weird :
I've got instant shedding !
I comb my hair before and very few hair fall , apply minoxidil , comb again right after and I see some quite some hair in the sink ( STRONG and THICK hair ) wait a few minutes , comb another time and things are back to normal .
Do you think I should continue minoxidil ? I'm wondering because it has done such good to the pain and maybe it will stop in some time .

Thanks

chriso29

Reaction score
Re: Aggressive hair loss started 6 months ago ,need advice

shedding is common on minoxidil,it takes a while but the shedding will cease,its normal for everyone to shed like this.

Preston

Reaction score
Re: Aggressive hair loss started 6 months ago ,need advice

Yes , I knew that , but I thought the shedding was continuous , like a normal hair loss but just increased for some time .