Pro-cyte after hair transplant?

baldsucks

Reaction score
I'm having 3,000 grafts done in 3 weeks and I was just curious about pro-cyte, graftcyte, kelo-cote scargel, mederma, and scar guard. I was told these accelerated the healing process afterwards. Any thoughts on these? Also, any websites that sell these items at cheap prices. I was checking out "makemeheal.com" . Any ideas on sleeping the first couple of nights without injuring new grafts? I have ordered a U-shaped firm recovery pillow , but I was wondering about a bed wedge. I am traveling and staying the first two nights in hotel that doesn't have recliners. Also, I was wondering about concealing and having excuses at work for surgery. I will not tell my employer that I'm having surgery because the ony way they would let me me have the time off was for a "family vacation" that I had been planning for years. This was an agreement before they hired me 2 months ago. ( I just started anew job).

Any comments, ideas, suggetions, and help greatly appreciated.

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
baldsucks said:
I'm having 3,000 grafts done in 3 weeks and I was just curious about pro-cyte, graftcyte, kelo-cote scargel, mederma, and scar guard. I was told these accelerated the healing process afterwards. Any thoughts on these? Also, any websites that sell these items at cheap prices. I was checking out "makemeheal.com" . Any ideas on sleeping the first couple of nights without injuring new grafts? I have ordered a U-shaped firm recovery pillow , but I was wondering about a bed wedge. I am traveling and staying the first two nights in hotel that doesn't have recliners. Also, I was wondering about concealing and having excuses at work for surgery. I will not tell my employer that I'm having surgery because the ony way they would let me me have the time off was for a "family vacation" that I had been planning for years. This was an agreement before they hired me 2 months ago. ( I just started anew job).

Any comments, ideas, suggetions, and help greatly appreciated.

If your doctor doesn't give you a bottle of pro-cyte for free then buying a bottle is probably best, you should use this during the first few days after the procedure and then switch to a baby shampoo.. I have never heard of anyone useing Mederma or any anti scar treatment on large open wounds. The best thing to do is just keep the wound at the back of the head and the grafts clean, you can use Mederma and other anti scar treatments when the wound at the back of the head has healed up. The U shape pillow is a good idea, Bed Bath and Beyond has some good ones for $10. If you use the U shape pillow and sleep on your back you should not damage any of the grafts. When it comes to disturbing the grafts the biggest factor is your first few showers, you will need to be extra careful. Since you are having 3,000 grafts you are not going to be able to hide the transplant whatsoever.. Your head will have dried bloody scabs on it for about 2 full weeks. I assume your scalp will be a pink color for a good 3 months after the procedure.