Probability of Shedding When Lowering finasteride Dose

Hecfield

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using 1mg finasteride for nearly four months now, and whilst I haven't shed as such, my hair loss has definitely accelerated, especially in the frontal region, which is where its worse to begin with.

Have any of you guys lowered your dosage as a result of this without going into a shed? I know its pretty early to make a change, but the rate of decline has been pretty rapid since I've jumped on finasteride. I was thinking of adding topical spironolactone to try and reduce the possibility of a major shed.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I started finasteride, my hairloss ecellerated for llike 3 months.

Then it stopped and maintained and gotten a bit healthier.

So, dont ring the alarmbells just yet. Maybe your reacting really good to it and your getting rid of weak hair.

Hecfield

Reaction score
Cheers. I really hope so. Its just far worse than I would have thought any initial reduction, which I did expect, would happen. I suppose I do have a high hair density, but a hell of a lot of partially miniaturised hairs, so I suppose quite a lot of those would be suscepitble to propecia shedding. Plus its mostly in the frontal third of my scalp, which is where finasteride is supposedly least effective, even though a lot of success stories show otherwise. I'm only a NW2, but my diffuse has got a lot worse.

I think I'll add S5 every other day just to try and reduce it.