Profol - Julian Jay

tryfan

Reaction score
First post.
Hello all. I'm 46 and have been progressivly thining mainly at the front and top since my 30's I think.

Has anyone heard of Prolfol? I've been using it for the past 4 months with a fair amount of success, but can't find any reviews or comments anywhere on the Web. The product has been around since the 60s, so there must be someone out there who has tried it.

Cheers

tryfan

Reaction score
The website is julianjay.com.

I'll post the ingredients when I get home.

tryfan

Reaction score
This is where I am at after 4 months of using Profol.

All of the other photos I've taken were when my hair was longer. So I decided to take the photos in a more controlled way. i.e. Buzz cut to No6 at the start of each month, wash hair, then photograph. That way I'll be able to spot the gains, if any.

Jacob

Reaction score
It's been around since the 60's though??

Website looks decent..am curious about the ingredients. Do you use both the topical and internal?

tryfan

Reaction score
Ingredients in the lotion:

Aqua
Allium Sativm
Daucus Carota
Magnesium Sulphate
Bellis Perrnnis
Anthermis
Noblis
Viola Tricolor
Ascorbic Acid
Nictotinic Acid
Propylene Glycol
Arnica Montana
Linum Usitatissimum
Benzylalcohol
Lavendula Officinalis
5 Bromo
5 nitro
1,3 Dioxane

And in the shampoo:

Aqua
Sodium Laureeth Sulphate
Allium Sativm
Daucus Carota
Linum Usitatissimum
Magnesium Chloride
Bellis Perennis
Anthemis Nobilis
Fructus Cocois
Viola Tricolor
Ascorbic Acid
Proplyene
Glycol
Cocamide DEA
Nicotinic Acid
Arnica Montana
Benzylalcohol
Lavendula Officinalis
5 Bromo
5 Nitro
1,3 Dioxane

I only use the shampoo and the lotion. Wash my hair once a day, leaving it in for about 15mins. The lotion is applied just before bed and again in the morning.

I’ve not tried the Profol Bio-T supplement yet. To be honest I’m on a tight budget after a recent divorce.

I was referring to the 1960’s. As I believe the product started in 1967!

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah, I realize you meant the 1960's..so yeah, you'd think there'd be more out there on it.

Thanks for posting the ingreds :punk:

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tryfan said:
First post.
Hello all. I'm 46 and have been progressivly thining mainly at the front and top since my 30's I think.

Has anyone heard of Prolfol? I've been using it for the past 4 months with a fair amount of success, but can't find any reviews or comments anywhere on the Web. The product has been around since the 60s, so there must be someone out there who has tried it.

Cheers

Post to us pictures before and after you used Profol.

tryfan

Reaction score
The only picture I took prior to starting Profol was taken on the built-in camera on my laptop (low quality). Also my hair was a bit longer with the length of the main hairline covering up the balding area, or at least trying to, but looks naff

To be honest I did not expect much from Profol (so taking decent controlled photos was not a priority) and it was a final attempt to improve things. I had tried Minoxidil in the past, but found it a bit messy and did not seem to be working for me. At the time my hair was thick enough to use Toppik to great effect. Trouble is it was too good and I ignored the balding, until one day I was too thin and the Toppik just ended up on my scalp. For the next few years I cut it short and tried the 'I can live with this, not bothered about going bald' approach. It worked for a while, but slowly I started to notice the glare off my head in reflections, and became conscious about my appearance again, with the inevitable loss of confidence. Sorry, rambling a bit…

As I continued with the treatment I noticed growth in what were bald areas. Now the front area has a much more uniform covering. It's still thin, but I feel pretty good about it and that's what counts.

tryfan

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Yeah, I realize you meant the 1960's..so yeah, you'd think there'd be more out there on it.

Thanks for posting the ingreds :punk:

Sorry, I see what you mean. I was wondering the same thing myself. Hence the Internet search and me finding this forum.

northwest

Reaction score
Hi thought I would post the real life words
for the lotion ingredients, not sure any of
them have a history of treating hair loss

Ingredients in the lotion:

Aqua..................Water
Allium Sativm........Garlic
Daucus Carota..........Wild Carot
Magnesium Sulphate ...... Epsom salts
Bellis Perrnnis.................Daisey Flowers
Anthermis Nobilis......................Chamomile Flowers
Viola Tricolor...........................Wild Pansey Flowers
Ascorbic Acid.........................Vitamin C
Nictotinic Acid.........................Vitamin B3
Propylene Glycol...................... Moisterizer
Arnica Montana...................... A Wild Flower (may have some anti-inflammatory effect)
Linum Usitatissimum................ Flaxseed
Benzylalcohol........................... Preservative
Lavendula Officinalis.................Lavender
5 Bromo-5 nitro-1,3 Dioxane......Bactericide, Antiseptic and Preservative

tryfan

Reaction score
It's just the front that is not responding. I was thinking of adding minoxidil foam to see if that would get some growth gowing or maybe Revivogen.
Any thoughts?

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a garlic study not long ago about promoting hair growth. I was contemplating adding that to my topical in place of cayenne aside the curcumin, I wonder if I could add that into the topical as well (hoping for synergy). For a base I've used aloe vera though I will try out emu as well and determine which works best.