Progress Report - 5 months Rogaine, 2 months Finpecia and 1% Nizoral

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I posted about 3 months ago with these pics, not the greatest but they're the only ones I've taken with no product in my hair and purposelessly trying to make it look the worst. At this stage I was two months Rogaine and just starting Finpecia and Nizoral. These are the 3 pics that are posted as attached images, dunno why my after pics wouldn't cooperate the same!

November 8th 2015 (2 months on Rogaine and Saw Palmetto)
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

In the pics that follow I've been using Nizoral nearly everyday and about twice a week I leave it in for 5 minutes or longer, the rest of the days I just wash it with Nizoral nice and quick. I use Rogaine every morning and night. I'm pretty good with my schedule but on weekends where I'm out or heading away I might end up using it at 1pm and 6pm or something close like that. I also use it all over. With finpecia I take .5mg daily. Every Morning. I started with about a week of .25 and then slowly upped it to .5mg. The pill cutter I use isn't fantastic so it seems I could be taking .6mg today and .4mg tomorrow, So it's probably best described as 1mg every two days. Regarding sides, semen was watery for a while but seems a bit better now, probably not as thick as before but I've always had a bit of a watery flow. I also had ball ache for a couple of days but nothing that made me consider packing it in. 2 months in and I don't feel any different. People have commented on my hair being darker. I'm not sure if this is an effect of Rogaine but it certainly seems to me like it's got darker. I think my fringe has suffered the most since I started but, mainly just behind the hairline there seems to be a gap that's pretty hard to comb over. I tried my best to replicate the original pics with my second few but didn't have the length in the fringe to hold it up like I did in the first. Anyway let me know your thoughts and if you think there is anything I can add to my regime that may help. I just added all the pics I took, I know they're not the best but I tried to take them at the most unflattering angles.

January 30th 2015 (5 Months Rogaine, 2 month Finpecia, Biotin and 1% Nizoral)
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Update 26/02/2015

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,024
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,010
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 887
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 908
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 905
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 901
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 927

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty good regrowth for 5 months. Crown filling in nicely and overall hair looks more dense/thick. Not much to add to your regime yet, could up it to 1mg if you want. Either way keep doing what your doing and post back in another 5/6 months. Good job

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with TD500 in that your results so far are great. I think the reason why people are saying your hair is darkening is because your hair is getting thicker.

shookwun

Reaction score
Mirin' crown.

- - - Updated - - -

Mirin' crown.

Probally almost maxed out. follicles already look pretty mature.

will need a transplant to give you your post hair loss appearance

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice regrowth, I mean hes only at 5 months so potential for more regrowth is good.

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as hair getting darker, that's normal. And as one "paddie" (Irish person) to another, your doing an excellent job on your hairline. (It's our luck, who knows?)

The crown does seem to be getting thinner. It's your body. Have you ever thought about taking a higher amount of finasteride? Maybe closer to 1mg? If your not having
side effects, why not?

Usually hair will get really dark, in your twenties, and in your thirties it starts going grey. In fact, with red hair, even more so.

I actually thought my crown was getting thicker. Definitely seems to be the biggest difference to the first pic.

Thanks for the comments guys.

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Managed to put the pictures up in an easier view for before and after. Hopefully this makes it easier, sorry about the picture size for the first 3.

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a difference a bad haircut can make! I felt my hairline had been getting worse the last while and this latest haircut does nothing to help.

I said I'd at least take advantage of the tight cut by showing where I'm at. I'm just on Finpecia 3 months this weekend. 2 and a half months taking .5mg and the last couple of weeks I moved onto 1mg. No sides, ball ache the first week and that was it. Wanted to take it slow moving up though.

So these are pics from tonight.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thoughts anyone? Do I have a hope at a decent recovery with the big 3? Am I just experiencing a bit of a thinning out with finasteride/minoxidil. I'm 6 months on minoxidil now and I definitely feel it's been harsh on my hairline. I do see lots of little hairs popping up but I'm not sure if that is just previous hairs miniaturizing. I always wear my hair flattened down so I'm not too stuck on needing a strong hairline. I'd be pretty happy to keep what I have for as long as I can.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 813
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 788
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 784
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 812
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 920

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
*Update*

All of these pictures were taken with nothing but minoxidil in my hair. You'll see of course that it's the styling that is hiding the majority of my thinning in the front. But I feel like this is much more manageable now than it was before I began.

These were taken under a bright light that is usually extremely harsh on any thin areas.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These were bathroom pics again taken under light that is harsh on any thin areas.
attachment.php

attachment.php

These were taken outside. The first is standard enough lighting on my head.
attachment.php

This is with the sun shining down on the fringe. You can see it is still quite weak
attachment.php

This is with the sun shining directly on the fringe.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 737
  • IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 735
  • IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 766
  • IMAG0232.jpg
    IMAG0232.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 764
  • Snapchat-717387393461.jpg
    Snapchat-717387393461.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 785
  • Snapchat-1064125545449468244.jpg
    Snapchat-1064125545449468244.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 729
  • Snapchat-1615842718004116103.jpg
    Snapchat-1615842718004116103.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 712
  • Snapchat-6976567454950567712.jpg
    Snapchat-6976567454950567712.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 755

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude that hairline thickening ain't no joke! Crown filling in well to!

You lucky c*unt, congrats!

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oddly, it feels thinner than it ever did. When I run my hands through my hair it feels like there is barely anything up there.

Haveapurpose

Reaction score
wow man its look's great!! you hair even changed is color to black from dark brown!
do you got any side effects from finpecia??(you said u up to 1mg now)
and did you got any shedding from rogain or finpecia?

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I find the change in colour a little weird. Like I always had light enough hair but now it's very dark. It's even darker on top than it is on the sides most of the time. Obviously because I only rub minoxidil in on top.

First few days I got ball ache, didn't get anything after that. Felt my semen was a little watery for a while but seems fine now.

Rogaine definitely hit my fringe. Even now I don't think it's as strong as when I started. Didn't really notice any shedding from finasteride which I started 3 months after Rogaine. So maybe Rogaine has already got rid of the thinner hairs.

If anything i'd say that shedding is inconsistent, some days I get into the shower and nothing falls out. Other days it's 20+, then most days it's between 10-15. The hairs that are coming out now do seem to be a lot thinner so maybe it's still just clearing these weak hairs.

Ross1984

Reaction score
Great progress

Definitely good progress mate. I'd say your hairline is looking a lot better. Interesting that you don't agree? I'm about 2.5 months into my regimen of minoxidil & finasteride. Also seeing good thickening and regrowth in the areas I'm using the minoxidil (mainly front/hairline). My hair is also getting a lot darker. Perhaps darker than my hair has ever been...

JBone88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I think the reason I feel like it's not as successful as it looks is just because my hair feels so much thinner. Like when I run my hand through it there seems to be no strength at all, just feels very thin.

I wish I had better before pics but the way my hair was able to stand up on it's own so that I could show you my hairline, I can't really do that now because the hair is so limp and just falls over. Anyway I'm still happy with the crown and the fact it has improved at all (also happy my junk still works).

I'm pretty good at my Finpecia - Minoxidil routine but I feel I could up my Showering game. Does anyone know where I can get 2% nizoral without prescription? Also, is there anything else I can do in the shower on my non Nizoral days or to couple with Nizoral? Would appreciate any advice, thanks!