Minoxidil 5% - 1mg daily in the morning
Minoxidil 10% Azelaic Acid 5% DHT Inhibitor - 1mg daily at night
Nizoral shampoo - 4 times weekly

Started using
Propecia - Week ago
Minoxidil 5% - 3 month ago
Minoxidil 10% Azelaic Acid 5% DHT Inhibitor - 3days ago
Nizoral shampoo - Week ago

Have been disciplined with using all above consistently. Very concerned about getting all hair back.

Felt the slight side effect of Propecia - low libido. But not worried about it cause It is not proven to be persistent side effect.

Minoxidil causes itchiness, especially when I am sweating or in sauna or under direct sunlight. I think everyone has gone thorough that and it is normal

Questions
As I want to fight hair loss aggressively thinking of switching to:
Dutasteride 0.5mg
Spectral DNC (Will also keep Rogain for daytime )

Would you suggest to do that? If no why?

Will post another pics in a month.. wish me luck
Click on picture to have a good look

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 260
T

TravisB

Re: Another balding mans story - 26 yr - Norwood 4

I see you still have decent hairline. I wouldn't say this is NW4, but Norwood 1 - 2, just with diffuse thinning. Shave it close (few mm)! You will benefit greatly.

baldrat

Reaction score

TravisB said:
I see you still have decent hairline. I wouldn't say this is NW4, but Norwood 1 - 2, just with diffuse thinning. Shave it close (few mm)! You will benefit greatly.

Agreed.

Youy still have good amount of hair and your hairline seems to be ok. I think you have good changes to have succes with Big 3

MPBfighter

Reaction score

your hair is very similar to mine! i am only using rogaine and a shampoo with a dht inhibitor at the moment. let me know how your regime works for you!

Promasterx

Reaction score

TravisB said:

Hmm I am not sure... maybe you are right I am not NW4 but NW3 but I doubt i am NW2 or again I am being pessimistic. I did shave it :) pics are below

Attachments

• Shaved1stMonth.jpg
    Shaved1stMonth.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 273
T

TravisB

Re: Another balding mans story - 26 yr - Norwood 3

Yes, you are not NW2 - YOU'RE A DAMN NW1! :mrgreen:. Your hairline is golden. But you have quite a diffusion, it's a rare pattern not to lose your hairline and thin. Short hair looks better than long in this case. You could easily go even shorter with that hairline.

baldrat

Reaction score

Looks like you have taken "hairline" tattoo, correct me if I'm wrong

Promasterx

Reaction score

baldrat said:
Looks like you have taken "hairline" tattoo, correct me if I'm wrong

Hello baldrat. I had to google the picture of what hairline tattoo means. :)
I don't have hairline tattoo :dunno:

triplethreat

Reaction score

Whats the black smudge below your hairlne on your forehead??

Are you using dermatch or something rubbed into your head? Scalp looks different colours

Promasterx

Reaction score

triplethreat said:
Whats the black smudge below your hairlne on your forehead??

Are you using dermatch or something rubbed into your head? Scalp looks different colours

Hi again. No I am not using anything like dermmatch. If we are talking about small spot in the middle of my forehead it is that i have tilted "M" shaped hairline.
The hairdresser was lebanese dude :punk: ... so he got a bit creative and decided to shave the sharp corners which now makes it look like i have used something to cover it. :)

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
You will do great on the Big 3. I had the same (maybe worse) type of diffuse loss, but my hairline stayed intact as well. I started on Big 3 about 18 months ago and grew my hair back pretty dam good for a 40 year old (I'll be 40 in November). I have WAY more hair now than I ever thought I would have again and I am still seeing month to month improvements. :punk:

Promasterx

Reaction score
RSR38 said:
You will do great on the Big 3. I had the same (maybe worse) type of diffuse loss, but my hairline stayed intact as well. I started on Big 3 about 18 months ago and grew my hair back pretty dam good for a 40 year old (I'll be 40 in November). I have WAY more hair now than I ever thought I would have again and I am still seeing month to month improvements. :punk:

Hey RSR38, saw your result.. was very impressed. Inspiring. Hoping to get similar results.

I am now on finasteride for 1 month haven't seen noticeable regrowth, but I definitely stopped shedding. I may shed 6-8 hair a day max! (Yes I count them like everyone else :) )

Had some side effects on finasteride, but the "willy" functioning fine when required.