Propecia 1 Mg for two weeks now.

amhsk21

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive been on propecia for the past two weeks and so far fortunately not noticed any of the side effects apart from an increase in semen. Nothing.

Now i know shedding is normal but is it normal to experience quite alot of shedding already. Im losing alot more hair than i usually would without propecia. Now ive read some storys about reflex hyperandrogenicity????

My scalp is a little itchy not bad though and i do appear to have more body hair?

Could anyone tell me if its normal to shed this much and this early?

Thanks

Sam

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Check the success stories. Read SEFreak's story or RSR39. Read some more.
Stop worrying.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Shed has been known to crop up that early on occasion. Do you use some type of Minoxidil like rogain ect?

amhsk21

Reaction score
Hiya,

No dont use Regaine, have thought about it but want to see how much i shed on Propecia alone.

So is this a bad sign do you think?

Thanks

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah its prob a good sign. I shed a bit, as does almost everyone I think. Give it 4-6 months and the noticeable sheds should stop. You will likely maintain what you had prior to finasteride with some slight regrowth/thickening.

amhsk21

Reaction score
Hello,

Today i pulled my eyebrow hair and about four hairs just came out and the same happens with leg hair and arm hair.

This cant be normal can it?

Thanks

T

TravisB

Finasteride can cause loss and weakening of body and facial hair, and it's not a good sign.

amhsk21

Reaction score
Thanks, two different answers !!!

Just out of interest Is it usual to shed in the first week or two if you stop propecia?

Thanks

amhsk21

Reaction score
Hiya,

i dont want to stop, just obviously if this isnt working like a major bad signs (eyesbrows etc) i dont want to continue.

what do you think? about the eyebrow and body hair thing

amhsk21

Reaction score
also is it normal to be able to pull hair out the back of my head and sides where its not thinning?

I dont know whether propecia has weakened my bodyhair, eyebrow, scalp hair etc?

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds like me except with the arm hair I dont have much.

I remember before I started propecia I was pulling at my legs hairs in the bath one day to compare with my head and I could easily get 4-5 in 1 pull. I did also pull my brows and was getting 2-3 a time for several pulls.
what I noticed about my back and sides is the shorter they where the more hair i got, I dont get many when its long, but if its short it seems easier to get them out.

so I couldn't resist having a pull at my legs and eyebrows just now. I got around 20 eyebrow hairs and sh*t loads from the leg, could make a wig from it. from what i can gather nothing seems to have changed here, I certainly dont beleive its propecia

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep the regimen,its a good sign! Guys,remember its very easy to understand..i am not 100% sure,but this is how it has to be : starting a regimen,shedding due to minoxidil/finasteride IF.. you respond to the treatment,and after the shedding is gone.. you have to be very patient and as i said after the shedding is gone,the next 1-2 month you will realise in what condition your hair is back.. what i want to explain is that when i started propecia and minoxidil,i had very strong shedding the first 3 months..and on month 3.5 ,shedding slowing down..month 4 shedding was gone,absolutely no shedding..and after that month 4.5 - 5 unreal regrowth.. so shedding is not bad..it doesnt mean you loose hair and the follicles are dead..you just continue the cycles..