Propecia 1 year, minoxidil 1.5 years, still losing hair...

Jet

Reaction score
I don't know what to do anymore :shakehead:

...I'm 19 years old, and still losing hair after:

1 year of Propecia
1.5 years of minoxidil (first the standard solution, and since 4 months Foam)
1 year of 1% ketaconazole

I recently started nizoral (2% ketaconazole). What else can I do?!!
I began losing hair at age 17, at the front of my head near the temples (I know for sure it's male pattern baldness). Since I began using propecia I have been shedding constantly at a very slow pace, slowly but surely losing hair everywhere (not only the temples but also at the back and sides of my head: everywhere).
I also got some kind of dandruff which doesn't seem to go away after trying various anti-dandruff shampoos. When I take a look at the top of my head I DO NOT see any loose flakes, so these white flakes seem to be deeply attached to my scalp. Some (but only some) hairs that fall out have these white flakes stuck to them.

Shaving is NOT an option as the shape of my head is too flat; it would look absolutely horrible.

I don't like making negative threads but I would just like to know if there's any hope left for me?

Pondle

Reaction score
Is your hair visibly thinner or receded? Any pics? Remember it's normal to lose about 80 hairs per day anyway - they are replaced as part of the hair cycle.

Jet

Reaction score
Yes my hair is visibly thinnner, especially on the top of my head (the area which starts behind my hairline and continues till the area in front of the crown).
I don't think Pictures would be very helpful in this case, because the hairloss is only visible when my hair is wet. When my hair is dry, the only thing you can see is that it lacks the volume it had from about a year ago. I don't have any pictures for comparison anyway (well, at least not from the top of my head) because my hairloss started at the temples, so at first I only took pictures from my temples.

But if it helps I can take pictures from my hair when it's wet (unfortunately without any pics to compare with)?