Propecia 19

The Gardener

Reaction score
Not gonna happen this time, but it's inevitable. In California, the genie is already way out of the bottle.

I've been shocked at the change in mentality about it here. Personal possession is already just a minor infraction, i.e. on par with a traffic ticket, and its a non-moving violation so all it is is a small fine if you don't have a "medical" marijuana card. People are starting to smoke it discreetly in some more public places, and from what I hear, most of the time if you're not acting wild or appearing overly intoxicated, a cop will just tell you to take it to a more discreet place.

There are medicinal marijuana dispensaries all over the place here in Los Angeles. Back in my old neighborhood in Long Beach, the city pretty much informally has accepted it and is actually levying sales tax on it already... and down in LB, there were dispensary ads ON BILLBOARDS touting purity and variety, etc. Needless to say, I did a serious double take the first time I saw one of those!

I think one of the reasons why law enforcement for personal posession has gotten so permissive is because there have been some news reports that the gang-driven street weed market has shrivled up to nothing. Frankly, I think that is a good thing. If you go to a weed dispensary, all you can buy is weed.... whereas the gangs peddling street weed would most likely also try to push other drugs.

Legalization is inevitable... the door has been kicked ajar and, VAVOOM!... nothing horrible happened, the gang trade is drying up, and some cities are actually making some tax revenue on it. The dispensaries have a very low key profile and are generally very professional looking. Some future legislation that is written better (Propecia 19 had a lot of vagueness to it) will pass.

3d309473cdd9.gif

Petchsky

Reaction score
It will happen eventually, common sense will prevail...one day..

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope it and other victimless 'crimes' become legal one day too. The government shouldn't dictate what people can do with their body/property.

Prohibition is silly.

Cassin

Reaction score
Draco88 said:
I hope it and other victimless 'crimes' become legal one day too. The government shouldn't dictate what people can do with their body/property.

Prohibition is silly.

I am in favor of fairly severe punishment should anyone break those laws.

You drive intoxicated or sell to minors...I truly believe that's a serious offense. But what you do in your home that doesn't hurt anyone is different.

barcafan

Reaction score
Well the arrests that are being made are usually not of people smoking a joint in their house.

Obsidian

Reaction score
One of the reasons I think it didn't go through is a lot of those medical marijuana places in cali are tax free right now. The law passes and the Government would probably put in a hefty tax to it, much like alcohol.

Cassin

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
One of the reasons I think it didn't go through is a lot of those medical marijuana places in cali are tax free right now. The law passes and the Government would probably put in a hefty tax to it, much like alcohol.

and that's ok. people should embrace that. It's good PR.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Obsidian said:

and that's ok. people should embrace that. It's good PR.

That's it tax-free or that it should be taxed. Personally I think those places should be taxed if they wanted to save Cali, but going from tax free to taxes sucks.

I work as a Contractor for a company and I get the whole paycheck but I have to file my own taxes and after you get a hefty paycheck and realize about two to three hundred dollars goes to Medicaid, SS, and more you get pretty irked. :kaputt:

Cassin

Reaction score
Taxing it would be a positive thing as people would see the positives far out weighing the negatives. Give the people sitting on the fence a reason to chose a side.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
m....it could be a good idea to start investing in some big medical marijuana company (buying stocks... too bad im a newbi in the investments field :S )