PROPECIA AND HAIRLINE

ken1234567

Reaction score
Been on propecia for about 6 weeks and my hairline is diffusing and thinning was wondering is this a normal process of a shed and will it grow back as my hairline has take a beating.

theonelink

Reaction score
Been on propecia for about 6 weeks and my hairline is diffusing and thinning was wondering is this a normal process of a shed and will it grow back as my hairline has take a beating.

My hairline went from nw1 to nw2 on propecia... at 7 and a half months now I THINK my hairline may be stabalising... don't want to jinx myself. The hair I lost from the hairline is showing no signs of regrowth atm, I don't expect it to either. I believe the hair I've lost from the hairline was going to fall out anyway, and nothing was going to stop it... such is life.

ken1234567

Reaction score
dont know if this helps but im shedding long black hairs all over the scalp , mostly from the hairline

- - - Updated - - -

bump

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is normal at this point in the treatment. Some people shed for the first few months before regrowth, but some never get regrowth and only maintain. You just need to wait...

ken1234567

Reaction score
Lets say i just maintain , will my hairline atleast return to baseline or will it continue to stay as it is now in a worst state , just wondering

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
your hairline may improve, it may maintain/return to baseline, you may still lose at a slower rate. There is no way to tell really at this point.

I saw a success thread his hair was at its worst at month 5 after starting finasteride, but in the end by month 11 he had very good regrowth at the hairline.

But not all good responders have the same experience with shedding