Propecia and its lasting effects..

G

i will take 5-10 years over nothing, maybe in 5 years there will be a cure

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
thats not true at all no one no how long it will work for
after a few year some of the 83% of men who it stops hair loss for will start lossing hair again, but i beleave after 5 years it still keeps the hair for 63% of men

hairnow

Reaction score
I've seen many assertions about Propecia long-term, but I can't find any decent data one way or another. I'm just a single case, but I've been on finasteride for six years and I'm still holding my ground. I'm on quite a few other things as you can see from my regimen, and a few things not listed, because they aren't taken for hair loss. If I had to give up everything but one medication, I'd keep the finasteride. Based on the rapid progression of my hairloss prior to starting finasteride, I'm convinced that I'd have no hair in my crown without it. The front is transplanted, so that area is stable.

Prior to starting finasteride, I had been on topical retin-a, azeleic acid, folligen, monoxidil, Dr. Lees 11.5% micronized minoxidil without betamethasone and they didn't seem to do much for me. Spirocream from Lipoxidil is the only thing that actually grew hair, but it fell out after hair transplants never grew back.

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the effect on male pattern baldness continues indefinitely, however, the eventual general thinning of hair from old age continues.