Propecia and Revivogen?

WHU BubbleBlower

Reaction score
I am currently using Propecia and Regaine 5%. I was wondering if it was ok for me to start using Revivogen whilest using Propecia.

viperfish

Reaction score
First of all if you just started finasteride then you really should not use revivogen. Give the finasteride and minoxidil 1 year before deciding whether to add anything else. This will keep things less confusing for now and you can first see how you respond to the proven treatments. Then if you want add in the revivogen.

viceroy

Reaction score
i'm fairly sure that i've read elsewhere on this site that revivogen is superfluous when taking finasteride (for chemistry reasons), and that spironolactone is a better add-on.

but look into that -- i am far from an expert!

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viceroy said:
i'm fairly sure that i've read elsewhere on this site that revivogen is superfluous when taking finasteride (for chemistry reasons), and that spironolactone is a better add-on.
I know nothing about spironolactone, but why would Revivogen be superfluous if you are taking finasteride? Finasteride inhibits the production of DHT systemically, but it doesn't stop it entirely. So some DHT will continue to get through to the hair follicles. Revivogen supposedly combats DHT locally. Now, it is possible for some people that finasteride will do a good enough job of inhibiting DHT formation that Revivogen will be superfluous, but I don't see why necessarily that's so. It depends on how much money you want to spend and how quickly you want to stop that hair loss.

viceroy

Reaction score
it has something to do with the molecular angle of the whole thing. i'm almost sure this has been stated.

can anyone confirm or deny? i think it was one of Bryan's educated posts...