Propecia and transplantation - waiting for the cure?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I have used Propecia for a year now. And I'm not sure if it works. I have problems with my temples, but I know that Propecia is more efficient in the back. But as I dont suffer from hair loss at the back I cant tell if I'm responding well to the product. I am 23 and have sufffered from hair loss since I was 19. the front is thinning.

I am having a transplantation with the new FUE technique, where you dont get a big scar at the neck. My hope is that I can keep my hair at the crown and then get transplantations on the front. Is this unrealistic?

Can the doctor at the transplantation clinc tell whether Propecia is working?

Furthermore, I'm hoping that they invent the cure within about 5-years time so I'm just trying to buy time with Propecia and the transplant. Anyone who think this is a silly plan or is it a realistic target?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The problem I see is that if you dont know whether Propecia is working or not it may be a bad idea to get the transplant done. This is because the loss may progress and in the long run you will have to keep getting the procedure done. If, however, you trully feel that things have become stable then talk to your doctor and go for it.

Tony Montana