PROPECIA -- HOW LONG UNTIL I GET MY PENIS BACK?

goodtimeben

Reaction score
I was on Propecia for about a year and a half. I have been off the medication for 2 months now and wanted to see how long until my boby has the drug 100% out of my system. I am still using Rogaine twice a day. Will I be able to keep the hair that I have regrown with Propecia by using Rogain? Or will I lose it all?

I feel a little moody and wonder if it is related to chemical imbalances in my body. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

After two months of not taking Propecia my penis is still non-functioning! When will I get my penis back along with a normal ejaculation?

Thank you very much.

-Ben

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
goodtimeben said:
I was on Propecia for about a year and a half. I have been off the medication for 2 months now and wanted to see how long until my boby has the drug 100% out of my system. I am still using Rogaine twice a day. Will I be able to keep the hair that I have regrown with Propecia by using Rogain? Or will I lose it all?

You will definitely shed as follicle degrading dht returns to your scalp. Rogaine will hold onto hair that it helped regrow and strengthen, but since it works differently than propecia you are bound to lose hair. Minoxidil stimulates hair growth and can thicken up hair but it doesn't defend the follicles from dht. So there's some overlap, but you will definitely lose hair. Why did you quit propecia? How were your results?

I can't answer your main question, though I'm sure it has a lot to do with your attitude about it. The penis is very open to suggestion.

Melcule Helpo

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, try using vitamins/supplements for your disfunction. I suggest L-arginine. Some say it causes herpes breakouts though. Don't know if it is just oral herpes or genital as well, but I think they mentioned oral breakouts.

Good luck.

misterium

Reaction score
L-Arginine causing herpes breakouts ?

Um wtf

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know that larg causes herpes breakouts. Let me rephrase: Somebody on this site said that he took larginine and he had a breakout afterwords, so he attributed it to the larg, I believe.

Gotta do a search on it for the details. I'm just trying to let this guy know that larg could have a bad side effect. But I'm not certain.

As for the timing, doesn't the propecia pamphlet say how long it takes for finasteride to leave your system? Can't help you on the main question. Sorry.

misterium

Reaction score
I take L-Arginine 500mg once daily.

I have no side effects.

It makes me spit more semen and have a better sex drive, I believe.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Elguapo, how can that cause herpes?

Show me a link to that post.

I'm wondering if its along the lines of "Yeah, i just used my new L-arg erection to nail a hooker, but now I have herpes sores all over my genitals!! Damn you side effects!!"

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
goodtimeben said:
I feel a little moody and wonder if it is related to chemical imbalances in my body. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I felt the same way for a few days after stoping finasteride.I felt like a god damn bastard. Actually more like a teenager again with raging hormones. I also broke out in zits on my face and back.

NeedSomeHelp

Reaction score
silkeysmooth said:
Elguapo, how can that cause herpes?

Show me a link to that post.

Its said that L-arginine will cause herpes breakouts only if u have the predisposition for it. In other words, if u dont have it in your body your not going to get it. But if u do then L-arginine will trigger the herpes to come out. Do any google search with L-arginine and herpes and youll see.

goodtimeben

Reaction score
PLEASE THROW ME A BONE HERE!

Nobody has any idea when I will be 100% back to normal!?

*Focus* people! *Focus*! I know this is hard stuff!

-Ben!

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, that propecia has long left your system. Its gotta be some other reason. Getting in shape might help, as visiting a doctor.

I cant believe you kept taking that crap if you couldent get a hard on.