propecia on prescription in the UK

dave2986

Reaction score
Hi

I'm 19 and live in the UK, I have a receding hair line and have read this site and decided that propecia and Nizoral shampoo 2-3 times a week are my best option to stop/slow my hair loss

my question

Can my doctor in the UK prescribe me with theses free / cheap?

And if not where can I get them from

Thanks

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
A doctor can indeed prescribe you the pills. But you will have to pay the full fee around £30. You could ask them to prescribe you proscar which contains finasteride although in 5mg instead on propeica's 1mg. You can though cut up a proscar pill into 5 pieces, proscar costs around the same as propeica but obviously instead on 1 months supply you get 5 months. The doctor may not wana prescribe proscar though, but it all depends on the doctor.

dave2986

Reaction score
thanks very much

Could you advise me how to go about this?

Im currently at university, and we have a doctor on site. do you think it may be better to go to my longtime dictor at home or not?

many thanks

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm also at uni university to, its up to you which doctor you go to. I personally bought it off the internet without a perscription, but if your happy going to a doctor I would defaintly advise it. Its ultimately up to you though mate.

dave2986

Reaction score
k, thanks very much

just incase i change my mind where did you get it from on the net?