Propecia problems...

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
I have been using propecia since july 2004, so about 6 months.
No problems at first. Now i have not seen any improvement in apperance or thickening of hair. But i have not been shedding much. I have however, been experiencing some other problems:

-general "down" feeling- i have not felt like myself lately

-Hard to get and maintain an errection(this is most devistating as my relationship has been suffering. Sometimes i avoid my girl because im scared that i wont be able to preform.)

Is there anything i can do? What will happen if say, i take a week or 2 off propecia to see if anything changes.

I was also of thinking of taking 0.5mg of propecia instead.
any help appreciated, thanks

fkm

Reaction score
Hi!

I have experienced both problems. The mood angle is a tough one because of a lack of study (see my other thread on mood) but the sexual side effects are propecia's most common.

The Merck trials indicated something like 3.8% of users will develop them. Two options available are to discontinue or rough it out. If you discontinue, things should begin to revert after 2 weeks (not positive about this figure but it has been mentioned). If you stick with treatment, you've got a 53% chance that the sexual side effects will disappear/diminish.

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that they sexual side can diminish...But i have been experiencing them like a roller coaster. some days im fine and can get wood randomlly through out the day, and other times i can be watching a p**rn and have trouble keeping an errection. It is crazy. Thats why im hesitant to get intimate with my girl because i am never sure what will happen...It is very frusturtating.