Propecia (proscar) side effects (breasts)

mrhardcore

Reaction score
Hello i'm new here. I just started using Proscar and I'm a bit worried about the side effects. My doctor told me some of them - but I have to say that what worry me the most is "breasts growing"???

WTF? Any of you have breasts growing? :freaked2:

I already have some small nipples and i'm not overheight. I don't want these things to grow! What are the chances of this happening? Also if this happens is it permanent? Or they go away when you stop proscar?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Bro,

Welcome to the forum. I wouldnt worry too much as you just started your treatments. The possibilities of having side effects accoring to Merk is 2% although others claim its higher. Gyno can occur and if it does you have to discontinue use of the drug and see your doctor. But I believe the chances are very low. Some users here have had that happened, they will most likely be able to answer this question a little better then I could. Besides that I would expect an increase in libido followed by a decrease in libido until things level off. Good luck!!!

T-Bonner

hairnow

Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Hardcore,

I've been taking 2.5mg finasteride for 5 years and I've had no problems at all with it. Like Brasileirao suggested, if you start to see any side effects, discontinue use and see your doctor. I wouldn't worry about it, you're not just going to wake-up with breasts one morning.

Good luck,

Hairnow