Propecia review after a year!!

shandoli

Reaction score
Hello everyone, whats up!!

I have been on propecia for exactly a year today and I would like to contribute my ideas because I have gained so much from the forums.

My regimen is only propecia and Nizoral shampoo.
I have been taking 1/8th of a 5mg proscar pill every other day. you do the maths!! Its about quarter of the recommended dose!!...
I was only nineteen when i started so i figured that i should take the minimum i could

The results have been fairly good. I havepretty much maintained and also grown some hair on the frontal line. Infact i would go to say that my hairline has come down by 1/8th of an inch. It has been very good.
But for the past 3 months, i have had a shed.
I am really inexperienced so I dont really know what to do?

what would be a better option for me. To go on a topical or increase the finasteride dosage?
all feedback appreciated!!

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
congrats!!

if you only want to maintain, hold off the topicals as long as you can, until you actually need regrowth. if youre happy as it is, try and hold onto it as long as you can. finasteride should let you do this!!

hey, people still shed and stuff after the 1 year mark, even 2 years+, so ive been reading from recent posts. id say, give it a few more months, say 2 or so, and if you see no improvement (take pics) or holding up of the shedding, go up to 1.25mg a day. but be prepared for sheds when you up the dose a little bit.

good luck!!