propecia shed on blonds

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
hey mate just compare with others it must be tiny or unhealthy hairs just zoom it come to conclusion

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe its an irish thing. I am irish as well and have had your same reaction, only i have lighter brown hair. Maybe us irish have reflex reactions to androgen blockers and this causes the shedding.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried rogaine on my temples for 6 months when i was on my first 6 months of propecia. The benefits didnt outweight the negatives. I was still losing ground through those 6 months. So it was just a hastle.

Plus it smells bad and messes with your circulatory system. I think it made my dark circles worse. A common side effect i believe is dark circles. And they take forever to go away or never go away. Its a pain in the *** to put on 2 times a day.

As far dutasteride is concerned I havnt done enough research. Have you found out what happens to be people who get the bad diffusing on propecia and then try dutasteride? I know you say it could be that you just continued to get worse but for me i definately had no diffuse only temple loss.

Im relying on you to do the research. Work is keeping me too busy. Meanwhile im still balding!!

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
Please comment on comebackkids explanation of diffuse thinning caused by propecia

Basically, I think when you're taking a 5ar blocker like Finasteride or Dutasteride you're reasonably well sorted against DHT activating the androgen receptor - and DHT is the most potent at doing so - but there are still other androgens that activate the AR like Testosterone and Androstenedione (which are the androgens I believe that lead to a more diffuse thinning pattern). So, your options to counteract the effects of these remaining androgens mostly lie with substances that block the AR completely. In my research these would include; topical Spironolactone, topical Flutamide, RU, Fluridil and perhaps Revivogen (as I think it's been loosely demonstrated this is effective at blocking the effects of Testosterone in the scalp - or something like that!).

Those who have the greatest success with Propecia are, I think, those who are less sensitive to androgens in general. If you're unlucky enough to be very sensitive to androgens then although Propecia may slow down your loss, I don't think you'd really have much chance of halting hair loss progression when your androgen receptors are continuing to be activated by other androgens. This is happening with the guys that are less sensitive to androgens too, but without as great an impact.

I'm not saying that this is the best way to do it, it's just my opinion. I think people need to do their own research and talk to others on hair loss forums as, invariably, what works for someone doesn't work for someone else! Hope that sort of helps.