Propecia shed.......will it ever stop!!!!!!!!!!!

DonnyD

Reaction score
Hi All..

Ive been shedding hugely for the last 6 weeks. Been on propecia & nizoral now for about 4.5 months...and its just crazy. ive lost so much denisty its unbelievable. things look really bad :( i must be suffering from Telogen Effluvium as im losing huge amounts of hair from all sides of the scalp and also from other parts of the body......

what should i do ? quit propecia or continue to ride it out. ??

anyone with similar experiences ??

really depressed..!!!!!

G

I have been on it for 4 1/2 months and shedding almost the hole time. Stick with it. shedding hair will come back and it all part of the course it sucks i agree and i hate it as well.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you guys taking anything else?

This is why I will not add anything to my regimen until I've been on minoxidil for 6 months. So far so good. I'm seeing good regrowth.

I don't want to overwhelm my head with too much at once, though. Is it possible that you guys are using a whole slew of products and started them all pretty much within the same month?

I think maybe that's a possible reason behind these monster sheds you guys are getting. Of course, I'm no doctor, I'm just some shlub.

But you're only supposed to shed for two weeks or so. That's how bad my big minoxidil shed about two months ago lasted.

That 6 month shed nonsense is just out of control

G

My reg is very light, I have been told by many people that heavy shedding on finasteride is normal and could go on and off for the first 8 months and not to panic it means i am responding to the treatment. so i will wait and see. My sheding has been very heavy and really taken a toll on my hair and mind but i am hopful that i am in for a massive regrowth with in the next few months.

Time will tell